• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most nostalgic cartoon show?

Fig

The Altruist
There's many cartoons/anime I watched as a kid and I think the most influential and most nostalgic for me has to be classic Tom and Jerry. I love the slapstick humor, Tom's screams (which is how I even remotely got interested in voice acting or studying the VA industry as a whole), and the animation still holds up even to this day. Plus since it's not necessarily a story driven series, each episode for me can be watched just for fun whereas even in other cartoons/anime, some episodes I just don't want to see for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 90890

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd'n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, , SpongeBob Squarepants, etc.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
You could always tell a Disney Kid, a Nickelodeon kid, Cartoon Network Kid apart growing up.

I was always a Nickelodeon kid growing up. Though there were only about 3 shows I ever watched, being Spongebob, the fairly Odd parents, and Jimmy Neutron. I also committed adultery quite a bit and watched Phineas and Ferb over on Disney, but that’s a far into there I was ever willing to go.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
You could always tell a Disney Kid, a Nickelodeon kid, Cartoon Network Kid apart growing up.

I was always a Nickelodeon kid growing up. Though there were only about 3 shows I ever watched, being Spongebob, the fairly Odd parents, and Jimmy Neutron. I also committed adultery quite a bit and watched Phineas and Ferb over on Disney, but that’s a far into there I was ever willing to go.
I was a PBS kid :shrugs:
Even though it was never on, Cyberchase was my favorite. And the theme song is great to this day!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
there's the shows that I loved watching when I was younger and have stuck w/ me throughout my life, but there's also those shows I watched and enjoyed but never had the chance to revisit them beyond childhood

so a few things like all grown up, codename kids next door, catscratch, and up until pretty recently disney shows like recess, filmore, or the proud family carry a more "stronger" kind of nostalgia b/c I haven't seen them a bajillion times and haven't thought of them too much after childhood, the disney channel stuff a little less so since I've had access to disney+ for a while now, but yeah there's some shows are better at reminding me of childhood b/c I haven't seen them since childhood

and of course some PBS kids stuff from early elementary

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I was a PBS kid :shrugs:
Even though it was never on, Cyberchase was my favorite. And the theme song is great to this day!
That theme was awesome, what made this show really memorable was they got Christopher Lloyd and Gilbert Gottfried to do the voices of two of the characters. Coincidentally I was a PBS Kid also, although my favorite was Nelvana's adaptation of Redwall by Brian Jacques. I seriously loved everything about the series especially the music juxtaposed with the quasi-medieval atmosphere and sense of drama and action. I might just say that the two main pillars of my love for the fantasy genre are Redwall and The Legend of Zelda. Lastly I would consider Matthias or Martin the Warrior as a mouse equivalent to Link.

Hard to choose just one. Scooby Doo, Avatar: The Last Airbender, SpongeBob, Codename Kids Next Door, The Fairy Odd Parents, and Samurai Jack were the big cartoon shows of my childhood, and I revisited them all in the last 5-6 years. That said, Avatar definitely holds up the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom