• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most nostalgic cartoon show?

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I recently stumbled across The Adventures of Sam & Max Freelance Police, it was surprisingly good. Although It didn't run as long as Animaniacs or Ren & Stimpy which a lot of the comedy seems to mimic, but it does have some unique connotations. If anything maybe creator Steve Purcell could possibly attempt a reboot. What I find most interesting is the fact is that one of the reoccurring characters (Lorne) in that show is voiced by Canadian actor Patrick McKenna who is best known for his role as Harold in The Red Green Show Which was another show I enjoyed watching when I was younger.

Animaniacs and Tiny Toons are definitely nostalgic for me. I have yet to watch the reboot of Animaniacs, but I hear it's pretty good.
If we're counting anime, too, then the first season of Pokemon. Whenever I watch the first episode, I get catapulted back in time to when I was nine, sitting in front of the tv with the VHS box in front of me, thinking "This show is the coolest! Nothing can beat it!"
The very next year, the Digimon anime aired and that became the coolest show, but Pokemon was also still cool.
That's right, I was the kid who liked both monster-catching shows!

To me I'd say the most nostalgic shows are OS Pokemon, Tom & Jerry, and Beyblade as a kid; I think these shows were already a fair few years old when I was young and I definitely think their slightly older feeling has lent them more nostalgia than shows that were airing in my childhood like AtLA or Gravity Falls, both of which I remember watching back then as well but just... don't feel as nostalgic towards, though I still love them today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom