• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Memorable Thing That Happened This Holiday?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Another Christmas-centric threat from me, but please have it apply to whatever you may be celebrating. Just wondering if anyone here had anything particularly memorable happen this holiday, anything specific that stood out, whether it was good or bad.

For me, this Christmas will be a memorable one, because today was the day my parents decided to break in their new fancy fireplace. It started out really nice, watching the flames through the glass (the old fireplace didn't have any windows in it, so this was a first), then it started to smell funny. At first I thought this was just the "new fireplace" smell, but then I thought it had started looking a mite foggy in the room. We then noticed that smoke was rising from the fireplace, which turned out to be the top not being completely sealed. Then the smoke detector started shrieking - and it didn't matter how much I blew on it or pressed the buttons (on the old ones this worked) it just kept on shrieking. We had to remove the battery to get all of them to stop.

Since we couldn't seem to be able to seal anything in order to suffocate the flame, dad decided to empty all the burning material into the metal bucket he use to gather the leftover ash in and get it out of the house so he could put out the flames. Mom thought he was completely crazy for doing it, but thankfully he managed to do this without any issues. We thoroughly aired out the room (and moved the Christmas dinner to the kitchen instead) so that apart from a little bit of smell, the room was smoke free when we went back in to start on the presents.

Here's the kicker, though. The main content of one of dad's presents this year? Fire briquettes... Gotta say that provided a much needed bout of laughter from the three of us.

So, how about the rest of you? Anything memorable happen this holiday?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, my holiday isn't over yet, but so far, I think the most memorable thing that's happened was when I was making butter tarts. Mixer had a mishap, and... well, long story short, took me almost 3 hours to finish cleaning the counters and walls.

Oh, and perhaps getting to watch my dad splash a friend of mine real good with his car. That was pretty funny!

Other than that, nothing has really happened yet to make this a memorable holiday. Family people aren't coming over until tomorrow, and our turkey dinner isn't until Boxing Day. I have a funny feeling something's gonna go wrong though, usually does lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stayed at a hotel room all alone (paradise), and as I walked to the gas station I kept having these hella psychedelic flashbacks about spending past Christmases with my double—playing newest Ratchet & Clank, Final Fantasy, Tales of, or Zelda game. Good times. A memory composed of memories. RIP bro~

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
My dog tried to climb the Christmas tree. And it went about as well as you'd expect. :) BAUBLES EVERYWHERE!

octorok74

TETTAC
I got a new hat and I wore it around on Christmas, got a lot of compliments from that. That felt nice since no one ever likes my hats.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TH ebest memorable thing that Happened to me in this christmas holiday was going to see my family. If I die I want nothing more than my family to be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom