• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Memorable Moment

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
The title says it all. What's your most memorable moment in a Zelda game.

Mine isn't really playing the game, more like watching. I remember sitting on the downstairs couch with my brother and my mom when I was 4, watching my mom play Majora's Mask, while we were all eating chocolate molt balls. I remember it clearly. :D

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
My first time beating ALttP, back when I was 4.
It took me almost a year(I only was allowed to play for an hour and half or so)to beat it, without any helps or guides, and, considering that my country is not an english speaking country, it's understandable

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
A 7 year old me, searching for the Kokiri Sword for hours without knowing where it was.
The anger that followed when I discovered the hole is unforgettable... I thought the game was broken because I had literally searched everywhere for that darn sword.
And then the relief and joy that followed when I completed the game. :)

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I remember when for the first time playing Oot (my firts Zelda game) I finally got the Master Sword after being stuck in Jabu Jabu and the memories recalling when I picked up the master Sword in TP.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My epic fail trying to kill a redead beneath the well. I had stunned it using the Sun Song and proceeded to attack it. Problem was I didn't successfully L-target first, which resulted in me getting in one hit, unstunning it, then missing subsequent slashes as my failed L-target had me attacking a wall. The redead managed to get me about 5 times before I finally made enough hits to kill it seeing as how there wasn't enough time to L-target properly in the little time between its attacks, and thus I was swinging quite wildly with my pathetically tiny Kokiri Sword. I remember it all vividly since my 6-year old brother was laughing his a** off the whole time.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'll share something with you that happened before some of you were born... Yes.

I was 11 or 12 and playing the original Legend of Zelda. Between my explorations and watching my brother-in-law play, we tried to figure out many things. After a while, we'd both given up on locating a hidden dungeon - the 7th, if memory serves me. I was playing around in the game, feeling kind of hopeless about finding that dungeon, just messing around... I played the magic flute at the empty pond with the Moblin and... low and behold! The 7th dungeon! I remmeber screaming in joy and picking up the telephone to call my brother-in-law to tell him I'd finally found that pesky dungeon! I'd gotten ahead of Mr. Video Game Whiz on a game!!!

This was... hmm... 1991, 92?

Oh, crap. I just realized I had a Legend of Zelda memory from almost 20 years ago.

CRAP!

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Mine is from Minish Cap, which is hard to believe because I don't usually refer to that.

*SPOILER*

I was stuck in the swamp temple for months. Perhaps a whole year. I then decided to check my map for all the rooms I had not been to. I noticed one I hadn''t been to was surrounded by a bunch of rooms I had. I then preceeded to try every LoZ trick I new to get to a room with no door. I finally bombeb a wall and found the secret passage to the treasure I needed to beat the temple. Even though all the LoZ games made me think, that made me have to think on a whole different level than before. I felt like and RPG character who leveled up in experience after a long time.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Depends on the game...

ALttP - I dealt the final blow to Agahnim in Hyrule Castle. I think I've beaten the game, and then... he draws me into the Dark World! Suddenly I realize I have 6 more dungeons. Kind of a shock the first time you play.

OoT - Meeting Sheik in the Temple of Time. He surprised me. I didn't know if he was going to attack me or what. But he turned out to be an ally, and taught me the Prelude of Light (and gave a hint about where to find the Hookshot, which I never would have found otherwise). Well, actually he's a she... oh, well.

MM - The Kafei sidequest. I had wondered what that purple-haired girl in a Keaton Mask who runs off suspiciously (actually a he, my gender errors never cease) was doing at the mailbox every morning on the first day ever since I started the game. You feel so happy for them, and yet so sorry for them in the end. And not just them, that poor autistic postman who won't leave because the delivery is still scheduled.

WW - Entering Hyrule Castle for the first time. At first the game felt like Link's Awakening, with the whole island thing. It didn't feel like I was in Hyrule... until I entered that castle. I heard the music, I saw the statue, pulled the Master Sword... and it was almost like coming home, in a weird way. It was just magical.

TP - Interestingly, my best memory of this game never actually happened except in a dream. I dreamed I was playing Twilight Princess, and I was in the Temple of Time. I know that Midna was gone, for some reason. When I came to the room where the Darknut mini-boss was, it looked different. It looked like the room with the Master Sword in OoT. I went to grab the sword, but as I approached it... a blue magical barrier appeared around it (similar to the red magical one you see when fighting Twilight creatures). I heard Midna's voice giggling, and something jumped out of my shadow. Link turned around quickly, and Dark Link was right behind him! So I fought him, but he was much stronger than in the Water Temple. He could use all of my items and moves. It was particularly annoying when he used a Back Slice, and he killed me once with a Finish blow (but I had a fairy). The fight lasted for hours (since he ALSO had a fairy and red potion), but eventually I beat him and took the sword. After I took it, the blue light appeared around Link like in OoT, and he appeared in the place where you normally get the Master Sword in the forest.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
My most memorable moment was when I took control of OoT when we were playing it, and found the Kokiri Sword, when it took my dad 10 days. It took me 2 minutes. I was 3 then, I remember that memory the best, because that was when I really started to enjoy and become obsessed with the series.

S

ShadowMidna

Lttp: When my brother arrived at Ganon. I remember watching him in the final battle.

Oot: Trying to figure out the Water Temple. I'd spend a long period of time raising and lowering the water levels, and going around in circles getting lost. Then I'd suddenly figure it out. Another thing I remember is watching my brother do the crooked cartridge trick. That was really funny!

NES

Awesome
Mine is definitely in OoT when young Link pulls out the Master Sword and... ahhh! It was Ganondorf's plan all along!! >.> I remember being totally shocked when I played this.

Din Akera

Sniper
I don't know about best memory, one of the most memorable moments for me was being absolutely terrified to fight Twinrova in OoT because of all i heard about how she fights you, becuase I am more of an attack and in the enemies face fighter, not the defensive type Then after I fought her and figured out just how easy it was! That one is near the top of the list anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom