• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most/Least Difficult Zelda Games - ranked

I just remember being a youngster playing ALTP and it being so difficult, but rewarding and fun. I also remember OoT being tough when it first came out.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I agree with people here who say we need tougher games. I mean, we all agree AOL is BRUTAL, but other than that and the original, Zelda's just not very hard.

Now, BoTW has delivered on the "Challengingness" scale, because it's similar to the original, and many monsters are brutal, but you'll never find a hard boss in that game that's not a mini boss, and the Divine Beasts are way too short to be very difficult (Especially the Goron one) and the Shrine puzzles are fairly simple.

My Personal Hardest Zelda Games Are:
Aol: O_O
BotW: Some Enemies Are Challenging. Divine Beasts except for Naboris were surprisingly easy.
MM: 3 days

Adventure of Link was lots of fun, as difficult as it was. The end boss took me more tries than probably any game's end boss ever did in my life, but I also remember that night so clearly for how elated I felt when I finally did it.

I love how Breath of the Wild began challenging, but I wish they had found a way to keep things challenging as you gained more power. It's mostly the lack of complexity of the dungeons that gets to me. If I want the enemies to be more difficult I just wear crappy armor. But I sincerely hope they focus on some really tightly designed dungeons with marked progression for their DLC or their next game. It irks me, because they seem dead set on this idea that a non-linear game means you can't scale difficulty of the dungeons, but you can. In fact, there's a game that did that already. It's called The Legend of Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom