• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Hated Game

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Probably Call of Duty. It really is an overrated series, to me, and gets old rather quickly. I can't place my finger exactly on why it's like that way, but I know for sure that there are better shooters out there. CoD seems overhyped quite a bit with the selfsame elements that, to my knowledge, it's consisted of since the first game. I've only played Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 (the latter being more fun by far), so in reality my experience is very limited, but I still prefer many games over this franchise.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

HOW DOES A BLUE ANTROPROMORTHIC HEDGEHOG FALL IN LOVE WITH A WOMAN. HOW IS THAT GOOD STORYTELLING? Also, quite glitchy :D

I have to say though, Sonic 06 was a lot better than people made it out to be. I just got it this Christmas, and while its flaws are not subtle at all, I enjoyed more than I thought I would. It's still a bad game, but I think there were worse Sonic games, like Unleashed.

I also thought of another game I didn't like. I don't hate it, but I didn't find the latest Pokemon generation, Black and White, as good as any of the other generations. I never really fell in love with the pokemon and I depised Team Plasma as opposed to Rocket, Magma, and Aqua. Generation 3 and Pokemon Emerald are still my favorite.

Mainstream games everyone thinks are great when there are really much better games in the same genre. Namely Skyrim(although it's pretty good), and THE worst game ever, the Call of Duty series. The entire series should just be DLC, there is no reason to have one every year. Just a game for idiot casuals who think they're hardcore. I hate Call of Duty, it's all anyone at my school plays. I have a couple friends who love Nintendo but they're immature as hell. Why can't people realize that Gameplay is over graphics?

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I personally I would like some good graphics but in my opinion I would say Call of Duty. I had this online boyfriend who just loved the seires... long story short I wasted $44 on Black ops for an unknown reason.... Oh and lord of the rings aragons quest. That had terrible voice acting (basically they just used the Movies quotes and looped it for them to say) and I beat it in an hour which was scary....

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Call of Duty, Gears of War, and pretty much all sports games.

These aren't games I think are the worst games ever by any means, just games I hate with a burning passion :)

Last edited:
I really hate a lot of the third-party titles on the Wii. Most of these games are just waggle-ware gimmicks made to pander to soccer moms, and designed to be quick cash-ins.

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
I despise Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. I shelled out $20 for the game, and the whole ride home from Gamestop I was itching to play it. I popped it in and I thought Hmm good graphics... HOLY CRAP, THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! IT HAS THE GUYS IN BLACK COATS!!. The first battle commences... the card game battle thing starts......Oh, I get it, this is one of those jokes developers play from time to time.... Ten minutes later, we're driving back to Gamestop...

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
E.T. Atari 2600

This. There are plenty of bad games, and several to hate for good reason. But there's only one game that is partially to blame for the video game crash of 1983. Not to mention unsold copies were -literally- buried in the desert.

Dan

This is a pretty difficult question to be honest. I can't think of one game I've come to hate. If it plays really bad I'll normally find it funny for instance ballz 3D is a really bad fighting game for the mega drive yet it's funny so I cannot bring myself to hate it. I guess in some ways I dislike COD , it's a great addictive game I enjoy but when at work or with some friends if a game is ever brought up it's COD. It would be great if some obscure game was talked about would peak my interest a lot more.

I mean let's compare.

Overplayed game

"So yeah steve got 15 headshots on cod last night and was playing it all night lol barely got any sleep"

Obscure game

"So yeah last night I was playing ballz on the snes and it has some women having an orgasm for it's main title theme, oh and this game is marketed towards kids and it has a farting monkey and air humping clown"

002_ballz.jpg

Viewtiful Joe. Sony sent me a free demo of the game before it was released, and there happened to be a glitch on the disc that ERASED EVERYTHING ON YOUR MEMORY CARD. Yeah, that made the game my number 1 most hated.

Skyward Sword is also up there, sadly. It made me lose faith in my favorite video game series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom