• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Most Hated Fire Emblem Game?

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
binding blade I actually have a love/hate relationship w/, even though it was the game that got me into the series and I was addicted to it,holy CRAP this game can get unfairly hard, I would just restart chapters constantly b/c I would end up loosing more units than I should allow, and this being my first fire emblem while me not being used to the mechanics most certainly didn't help
ooooooooooh but the worst part of this game, is that unless you know what you're doing in the game [i.e. you know how to unlock the gaiden chapters], you WILL get the bad ending if you just dive into it w/o any prior research, and the bad ending left me soooooooo damn bitter, like it's seriously a very unfulfilling ending that you're basically gonna get by default if you don't look up how to get some of the gaiden chapters

so yeah, I love you binding blade, but at the same time you are the worst thing I've ever had to put up w/

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
alright, I have a new answer, Shadows of Valentia is my least favorite
it's cool presentation can't save it from its infuriating gameplay, I went off on it in a different thread but basically it gets too hard and the battles can drag on for too long, I was so glad to put this game down

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My most hated FE game is the Crimson Flower route of 3H. It was completely morally disgusting, boring and lackluster story presentation, and poor character use. The most interesting parts of it was the “enemy”, I say with quotation marks because you are basically the enemy in that route. I would rather give Fates a shot than ever play through that route again.

Fates. Both of them.

I like female Corrin and I like the idea of the games but that's it.

Both birthright and conquest are two of the very worst Fire Emblem games I have ever played and definitely the worst written with some of the worst characters.

Some character designs are cool, like Ryoma, but most are trash. They're written like trash. Narrative elements between the two versions are forgotten about.

Characters make stupid decisions and just are genuinely stupid.

Most of the maps suck and are uninspired. The dimension kids are worse than Awakening's time travel kids.

The games are bloody horrible and I hate them.

Plus they had shocking DLC morals.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Fates. Both of them.

I like female Corrin and I like thebidea of the games but that's it.

Both birthright and conquest are two of the very worst Fire Emblem games I have ever played and definitely the worst written with some of the worst characters.

Some character designs are cool, like Ryoma, but most are trash. They're written like trash. Narrative elements between the two versions are forgotten about.

Characters make stupid decisions and just are genuinely stupid.

Most of the maps suck and are uninspired. The dimension kids are worse than Awakening's time travel kids.

The games are bloody horrible and I hate them.

Plus they had shocking DLC morals.
image0.jpg

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't really hate any of them, but Fates is easily my least favorite. Every route has trash story and characters, but Conquest at least has strong gameplay, whereas Birthright is mediocre and Revelations is just bad.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
EDIT: Binding Blade, more or less. Very basic-feeling, with jank I don't find very fun to deal with. Games like Genealogy and OG Mystery of the Emblem have jank, but a good amount of it is the kind you can use in your favor. Still, even the FE game I'd call my least favorite is still a good game regardless.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
FE4 is probably my least favorite. The gameplay is boring, the story is uninteresting (for me personally), and the game's mechanics are clunky and tedious to work with. To be honest, I made it to Chapter 3 and just found myself not having fun. If you're not having fun, why play?

Although FE15 is a close runner up. The story, music, and overall presentation are fantastic, but the gameplay gets to be a boring (and sometimes unfair) slog. Dungeon crawling doesn't belong in FE in my opinion; there are better ways to implement grinding in FE. Oh, and witches. I hate them. There is nothing fair about an enemy that gets free reign to warp around the map and destroy your units in one go.
I wish I can have this as a PSA to FE fans but can we actually say the names of the games? b/c when you said 15 I had no idea if you meant Fates or Shadows of Valentia, or 3 houses , or what have you, I always use this example but still, you never hear people call ocarina of time "zelda 5", so how'd it happen w/ Fire Emblem?

also I eventually noticed w/ the witches that they tend to warp to the nearest weaker outcast of the group/whoever is at the edge or behind, so knowing that at least you can plan around where a witch might strike

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I wish I can have this as a PSA to FE fans but can we actually say the names of the games? b/c when you said 15 I had no idea if you meant Fates or Shadows of Valentia, or 3 houses , or what have you, I always use this example but still, you never hear people call ocarina of time "zelda 5", so how'd it happen w/ Fire Emblem?
Yeah, sorry. It's become a habit after being on Serenes Forest for a while now. I updated the post.

Hm. That's a good idea. Something I hadn't noticed about the witches.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Yeah, sorry. It's become a habit after being on Serenes Forest for a while now. I updated the post.

Hm. That's a good idea. Something I hadn't noticed about the witches.
it's totally cool, nothing against you, just something I always had in mind in general

and yeah, I noticed that kind of pattern happening w/ witches so at least it's not completely random, but it's still really crappy when there's multiple witches warping around

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom