• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Frustrating Moment?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm sure there have already been threads on this, but...
What was your most frustrating moment when playing a Zelda game?

I have 2 that come to mind.

1: Spirit Tracks. YES IK Spirit Tracks was RIDICULOUSLY EASY. But I specifically remember at one point when you go to the Spirit Tower (It might be the last or the 2nd to last time you go). I kept getting so frustrated I actually think I rage quit a few times. I hated traveling around in the pitch black with no clue where I was supposed to be going! It was horrible.

2: I DEFINITELY remember this one. We all remember exploring the Dark World of A Link to the Past for the first time. Then you realize that you have sooo much left to do. Then you find Sahashralah (sorry if i butchered the spelling) and get to the Dark Palace. Pretty easy dungeon I'd say. Until the ****ing Helmasaur King. I don't understand why I had so much trouble with him. It's simple enough, break his helmet with the hammer but it WOULDNT WORK FOR ME. And i didnt think enough to pick up and throw bombs, so i ended up trying about 25 times (not an exaggeration) until I got fed up and found gameshark codes for the emulator so i couldn't die. It was very pathetic. that was the 2nd time out of 3 times that id played through ALttP and at that time i hated the game because of the difficulty.

Easily the most frustrating momment for me was in OoT when I realised that I screwed up in the water temple and would be unable to progress. If I wanted to keep playing I would have start at the very beggining of the game.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
My most frustrating moment was most of the Shadow Temple in OoT. I don't know why, but I had tons of difficulty with the enemies and all the secret passages. The battle withf Barniade was also a pain in the butt for me. i really don't like how the boomerang works in OoT in comparison to the DS games and Twilight Princess. any time I face an enemy while playing the Master Quest is also awful for me. in short, I am not an enemy person.

oh man, shooting galleries in Majoras mask. they're just freaking.... HARD! I used (and i'm not kidding) 2 hole days on those.
The swamp tourist one with Koume was pretty easy, the one in southern swamp with all the animals was pretty hard but no too hard. but the one in east clock town with the octoroks... WOW! that is the hardest thing i've done in a zelda game, ever! i used about one and a half day on it, i was shaking and my heart was pumping so fast(i might even have been sweating :D) when i actually did it. it was my last heart piece too so it was quite rewarding :)

Two words: Goron Race.

But other than that, I had a lot of trouble with the stabbing motion in Skyward Sword. Until I got the hang of it, fighting Beamos were a nightmare. Not to mention Moldarach. Blech. :dry:

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I have not beaten ALttP for one reason: That darn boss on the third dungeon! He kept knocking me off the edge. After 3 days, I rage quit and left to start WW.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Zelda 1 could get very frustarting at times..

Zelda 2 was VERY frustrating at times

A Link to the Past-Skyward Sword had it's moments, but I was never as frustrated as the NES games.

Oh, I know. Definitely the fight with Bongo Bongo, because I was really, REALLY tired the day I first fought him, and for some reason, I didn't realize I had to attack him after making him fall, so I was wondering why he wasn't dying....
And the day I first did the Forest Temple, I hadn't eaten or slept in 3 days, so that pissed me off, too...
And any day I do the Water Temple...Cause that always sucks.

Skyward Sword, the god d*** guardians. Need I say more? I wanted to rip my hair out at one point. Link kept getting hit, and I'd have to start ALL FRICKIN' OVER AGAIN! I almost threw my Wii-mote at the screen. =_=

I, too, got frustrated with the Spirit Tower in Spirit Tracks but it was mainly because I was so tired of having to return to it over and over.

Lakebed Temple. That was by far the hardest temple I have ever played in a 3D Zelda game. I almost hated that temple. No other temple made me want to pull my hair out.

And also, certain Zelda mini-games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom