• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Favorite Sport?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm a pretty big sports fan so it's kind of hard to pick for me, especially between my favourites.

My three favourites are football, tennis and golf. I've been playing football (English football) pretty much ever since I could walk and I've been playing in teams since I was around 5. I stopped playing properly when I was 15 or so due to me developing asthma which was sort of heartbreaking in a way because I just couldn't run as fast as I used to be able to. I don't have asthma anymore (I kind of grew out of it), but not playing for two or so years really halted my progress. I still play causally from time to time playing for my college team and I still follow football like it's a religion, lol.

Then there's golf and tennis which weren't really drilled into me like football was. My family loves football and pretty much every boy in the family has played it or is involved in it. Golf and tennis was slightly different as they eventually grew on me. I think I started playing both back when I was around ten or eleven. They were just a different type of challenge that I could sink my teeth into. Golf, I would say, is mostly mental; you're battling with your mind throughout the entire round. And tennis is very, very competitive as it's more of a rivalry with your opponent, which I enjoy. They were a challenge to me, so many techniques to learn, so many new things to master and both are just incredibly enjoyable. I stopped playing tennis a while back but I've recently joined a new club and got back into the swing of things, literally. Golf I've always played (sometimes on and off for periods) but that's the sport which I feel I'm at my highest level.

So I can't really pick between them, they all have their advantages. Golf is very rewarding and mentally stimulating as well as relaxing when playing causally- you can just get away from reality for 3-4 hours and chill in the sun. Tennis is extremely competitive and physically demanding esp when you're playing someone good. While I love the team aspect of football plus it's the most enjoyable to watch and follow. I love all three is the short answer.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Football all the way! I don't watch much of any other sport really, but I love going to see my team play football. Always nab myself a season ticket. :P

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I guess I'm going to be the oddball here and say: martial arts.

I've always been interested in this particular sport ever since I was a kid. I guess you could blame it on me watching too much TMNT, Power Rangers, Karate Kid, Naruto, Avatar, etc. But I've always been entranced by it. It's not the violent aspect of it that interested me, I think it's more so the beauty of the movements in action especially when its being performed by experts. For example, you know how there are people that work diligently on the choreography in fight scenes that take place in movies and all that and then the end result makes it look so absolutely amazing? Yeah, that's what I see in it.

My interest in the sport has gone so far that I even now am currently taking a class in martial arts partly to finally fulfill a childhood dream of mine to obtain such knowledge and plus if the situation ever occurs that I'll need to use it (which I pray never does happen) I'll have the experience and knowledge under my belt.

As far as other sports go I've never really had much of an interest in them. I mean, I'll watch them if I have the chance, but take me to a martial arts competition and my eyes probably won't leave the combatants until the fight is over.

I always loved basketball, but my favourite sport is probably soccer. I always enjoyed soccer since I was about 9 but I never got into the junior sports and such and never got time for it when I played it in school since I was always pushed to volleyball and basketball and then solely on basketball. I mean I never complained about it, but I know when my niece is more of a teenager I will most definitely teach her how to play soccer.

I remember about a week ago she told me that she wants to be in sports and I said, "Oh, so you're going to play basketball?" and she yelled out saying, "NO! I don't want to play that. I seen you play and you got hit a lot and hurt while playing it. I want to play soccer!"

I just looked at her and said, "uhhhhhhhhh okay lol." Children these days~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom