• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Epic and Quotable Games

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I was re watching The Dark Knight in preparation for seeing the new movie. Unlike other times I had seen this movie this time I really tried to look into how deep it was. I began to notice how many of the quotes that are the most memorable to me really show the deep struggle that is at the core of this movie. Quotes like "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain" or "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

This got me thinking about which games gave me a similar feeling in them through either a moment in the game or a quote. So my question to you all is which games give you this feeling of awe or epicness. Please explain why.

Here are some of my thoughts:

Xenoblade Chronicles- "It was simple curiosity. The curiosity of a single man that destroyed an entire universe and created a new one. A universe, your world, was born...I am the administrative computer of an phase transition experiment facility. But that will mean little to you. To you, I am a machine. That is my original form." The ending to this game was so unexpected and left me with in complete awe to how perfectly they ended this great game.

Dan

I love you for making this thread. :P

No more heroes

I recall the grunts in No more heroes 2 always shouting, "Trouble in your virtual world". Which I loved.
"Whats wrong Travis,you should watch the tutorial again!"-Skelter Helter (I love it when the game breaks the 4th wall, but doesn't go overboard)
"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people **** at funerals, I cut off heads" - Travis.

The part were Travis impales Margeret with his katana and she asks "Did you like the song" ? to which he answers "Catchy as hell". He then slices his katana out and she asks if he remembered the song and he says "100 percent" and with her dying words says "That's so...sublime". Then Travis walks off in the moonlight whistling the song like a badass. :D

There are so many memorable quotes and moments in both games.

Other

What could possibly go wrong -bubsy
Yahoooo - Dan Hibiki
This is my taunt ha , get it ? - Deadpool
Long time no see - Every Sonic character when they see each other

Not from a game but very related to game advertisements by sega :D

Cos Sega DOES what Nintendon't !

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Final Fantasy XII - Everything Balthier said. Ever. He's the sexiest ever.

Star Ocean 3 - Is that all you got?! (Fayt, alternate Side Kick)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ocarina of Time: All of Shiek's quotes before learning a song.

Majora's Mask: "Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you." - Happy Mask Salesman

Twilight Princess: "Light and Twilight are like two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other." - Zelda

Skyward Sword: "Look around us! As a child, I always dreamed of a world below. I wanted to see the surface with my own eyes and feel the land's warm breeze on my skin. I... I think I want to live here. I always want to feel solid ground beneath my feet, see the clouds above my head, and watch over the Triforce." - Zelda

Sonic Adventure 2: "Maria... This is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you." - Shadow

Assassin's Creed Revelations: Ezio's speech at the end of the game.

M

Mog of war

If i had to name an epic game it would be Final Fantasy 7! Why? Because of this![video=youtube;FxUzIrhINP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUzIrhINP4[/video] That is why broseph!
plus it was da 1st ff to have 3d gameplay and SEPHIROTH sefirot-1619.jpg that is all

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Truly an inspirational quote I've kept in my mind over many years:

"Dance water dance!"

- Demyx

"Lets see here... 'If the subject fails to respond... use aggression to liberate his true disposition.' ...Right. Did they ever pick the wrong guy for this one..."

"Ugh, I told them they were sending the wrong guy!"

Sora: "Who is this kook?"

"Silence, traitor!"

Ahhh I love Demyx. Birth by Sleep is really easy to quote, especially if you are quoting Xehanort. You just have to say "darkness" a lot! :xd:

"Everyone has darkness inside of them. Darkness cannot be destroyed, only channeled! Embrace the darkness! Let it grow, consume you!" See? I don't even know if Xehanort said that! It just sounds right because I said darkness a lot. :right:

Also, I like quoting Portal 2, escpecially GLaDOS's insults! :lol: They are just to witty and cruel to resist.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
For quotable you have games like Zero Wing where the awful mistranslations have made for infamous quotes like, "All your base are belong to us" or, "Somebody set us up the bomb." Then you have games like The Legend of Zelda which have many famous quotes, in Zelda's case, "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!", "It's a secret to everybody", and "Let's play a money making game" (Or, "Let's play money making game").
I also like Axel's quote from Kingdom Hearts, "Got it memorized?", Captain Kirrahe's "Hold the line" speech in Mass Effect, Navi's "Hey, Listen" from Ocarina of Time, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman's "You know what they say, the more the merrier! you know what they say, the more the merrier! you know what they say..." and "Fatality" from Mortal Kombat.
As for games that have moments or quotes that make it really epic, Captain Kirrahe's "Hold the line" speech, the ending of Mass Effect, the entire last hour or two of Mass Effect 2, when Grunt starts killing ravagers with his bare hands so Shepard can escape in Mass Effect 3 (although if Grunt survived in Mass Effect 2, he is likely to come back covered in ravager blood) many moments from the Kingdom Hearts series, the last mission in most Halo games, and the final boss fight in every 3D Zelda game, as well as The Minish Cap and A Link to the Past.

Ganondork

goo
JuicieJ said:
Assassin's Creed Revelations: Ezio's speech at the end of the game.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze said:
I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing it's purpose. But drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here at last, I discover a strange truth; that I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding. Who are we, who have been so blessed, to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked; maybe you will be the one to make all the suffering worth something in the end.

Just going to lump the rest in large groups.

Bioshock

Andrew Ryan said:
A man chooses; a slave obeys!

Jack Ryan said:
They told me, 'Son you are special. You were born to do great things.' You know what? They were right.

Frank Fontaine said:
You were the closest thing to a son I ever had. That's why it's almost going to hurt to have to do this.

Atlas said:
Would you kindly?

Assassin's Creed

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad said:
What sorcery is this?

Assassin's Creed II said:
Frederico: It's a good life we live, brother.
Ezio: The best. And may it never change.
Frederico: And may it never change us.

You've done me good, brother!

Leonardo da Vinci said:
How exciting!

Assassin's Creed: Revelations said:
Abbas: I can never forgive you, Altaïr.The lies you told of my family. The humiliation I suffered.
Altaïr: They were not lies, Abbas. When I was ten years old, your father came to me, telling of how he betrayed my father. And then he cut his own throat. I watched his life ebb away at my feet. I will never forget that image.
Abbas: No!
Altaïr: But he was not a coward, Abbas. He regained his honor.
Abbas: I hope there is a life after this. I will find my father, and learn the truth. And when it is your time to leave this world, we will find you, and then, there will be no doubts.

Sofia Sartor said:
This is just a small thank you for letting me play a small role in your adventure.

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad said:
How can I regret the only life I have ever known?

Haras said:
Perhaps I am too ignorant to understand, but I suspect the opposite; that I am too wise to believe in such rubbish.

When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. Now, in the twilight of my life, misunderstanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty, and time, once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially mio caro for you, our children, our brothers and sisters, and for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life and keeps us guessing. Endless affection Mia Sofia,Forever Yours Ezio Auditore

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Most quotable: StarFox 64.

DO A FREAKING BARREL ROLL

1232905525_puppy%20does%20barrel%20roll.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom