• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most emotional you ever got playing Zelda?

Depending on the cutscene, my emotions towards my favorite Zelda games vary. Personally I think the most emotional I ever felt was after beating Ocarina of time for the first time and seeing the "The End", it's seriously impossible for my not to cry everytime I've seen that after I finish.

Then, Midna saying goodbye to Link and shattering the mirror always breaks my heart, and the music that plays afterwards breaks it even more.

And lastly, in Majora's Mask at the very end there's that tree stump with a etched drawing of Skull Kid and Link playing, and it plays the tune to Saria's song.

tumblr_okxbwoSmtM1w46i3eo1_500.gif

These little guys are so brave for ones so young.

Link choosing to leave home and Daphnes' sacrifice and that whole ending gets me everytime.

It's just... just...

2f52934bb32f36ac667c1144ddbf34e2.gif

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Probably the whole of Majora's Mask. I felt like the moon about to fall was really more of a threat than in most games. Plus you actually watch it fall if you fail to play the Song of Time. As I played the game I started to wonder if it was even possible to stop it. In that sense I was kind of scared of the moon, which I know is weird to say. Yeah Ganondorf scared me too but I was pretty confident I could beat him. Trying to stop the moon from falling felt daunting, and I felt powerless against it. Seeing the Giants holding it up gave me relief, I thought the game was over. But then the Majora's Mask wills it to continue trying to fall. When the giants began to struggle holding it up it made me so uneasy and nervous.

At the end of the game, after beating Majora's Mask, watching the moon dissolve away and seeing the residents of Clock Tower cheering was very uplifting, and for me it was pretty emotional. This was the first time a game really got me emotionally invested.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We've removed some previous posts in this thread due to inappropriate sexual/vulgar content and flaming and dealt with the user in question.

This is just a quick reminder that both that kind of content, and that way of treating others will not be tolerated in this community.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In TP when you're reaching Zora's domain and Queen Rutela approaches you. Realizing she's dead and asks you to save her son. After you take him safely to Kakariko Village she appears again and you'll follow her till you find the treasure she left you. The whole idea of her being this beautiful Queen and her spirit is following you is just beautiful.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
At this point, it's getting more emotional playing Zelda now. The nostalgia kinda makes the games harder to play for me. It almost feels like I'm visiting a dead relative or something. There are fond memories, but the fact that they're gone now kinda...hurts the mood.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'm going to post a quote from myself in a thread from some time ago. My most emotional moment with Zelda was in Majora's Mask at the end of the Anju and Kafei side-quest.

It's powerful wherever you are but where this really becomes a crying moment for me is Kafei and Anju. Their side-quest ends in not even the final hours but the final minutes. I recall so viscerally the first time I sat there in that room in the Stock Pot Inn with her, waiting for Kafei to arrive. Anju sits, stock still, unwavering in her belief that Kafei will arrive. Her family have fled but she has stayed, knowing she will face certain death, but comforted by the knowledge that she will face it with the man she loves. And when Kafei doesn't show she remains resolute. And when he still doesn't show. And when there's a hour left. Half an hour. Twenty minutes. She never wavers. I, meanwhile, was about to lose my mind, utterly unable to remain still in the game or in my chair. I kept running around the room as though there were some secret ritual to make Kafei appear and justify this woman's suicide. I needed him there as much as Anju did. I eventually gave up hope. I gave it up. I came to believe that Kafei wasn't going to come, that the fear of these final hours was too much for him, as it was becoming for me, and he'd sought whatever shelter he could, leaving Anju to die, alone and unloved. To let her die in vain. And then the door opened, and Kafei walked in, and I damn near burst into tears. Again, that theme of hope, that paradox of surrendering to the inevitable and holding onto the possible both at play in one moment. The music, playing throughout the entire ordeal, hightened my emotional state to a fever pitch until I was ready to scream at Anju myself, at my television, to urge her to run (Run where? I'd given up hope of stopping the moon but still couldn't accept the inevitable. Again, the paradox of hope. Goddamn this game is S O G O O D ). It's an experience the like of which I've rarely had with any video game, or movie, or book, or anything. It's a memory I'll have forever.

For me, I was a bit emotional in a happy / pride sense when I finally beat Adventure of Link. I was 7 when it came out on the NES in 1987, and that game was TOUGH for a child!!! I gave up in it back in the day. Now, in my late 30’s. I’m playing through all Zelda titles in release order and revisited it. What a great game, to be honest. Yes, super tough, and quite the oddball in the bunch. But finally being able to beat that game was was quite the emotional high.

Hmm.. I’ve got many emotional moments while playing zelda. Entering to Temple of Time first time in OoT filled me with a sense of awe. Saria’s Song in Lost Woods of OoT filled me with happiness. When Midna left I admit I teared up a bit. Also when Zelda sacrificed herself/disappeared/died/whatever to save Midna’s life and how that changed Midna’s attitude towards Hylians, that was sad. Hearing the Song of Time in TP was nostalgic moment. Also TP version of Saria’s Song moved me. It was beatifully arranged.

But most emotional I got when I saw one of the cutscene memories in BotW. It was the 16th memory “despair” in which Zelda is grieving for loosing all her friends and her father, most of all. That’s the only time I’ve literally burst into tears because of a video game. It still makes me so sad when I see it. Reason for that is I really liked BotW Zelda as a character. She was perfect Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom