• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most embarassing/Worst Game you've ever bought?

R

ResidentZelda

buying "Wand of Gamelon" for the cd-i the guy at the store was using every single ounce of self control to not to laugh (but the game was for my cousin! I swear!)

Guardian

The Chosen One
I don't think I've bought a game that was really bad that I can remember. Maybe I'll post back here if i can remember any games.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I bought Gilligan's Island for the NES when it was new because my sister at the time as a fan of the show. I remember no one had it, and I had to order it through a video game specialty shop. They looked at me like I was crazy. I finally got it, and the game played horribly. It really wasn't worth the money at all, but I suppose it's just something to say that I own the Gilligan's Island videogame...

Another one that wasn't so much an embarassment, but mayeb a disappointment was Mission Impossible for the N64. This was before online reviews were widespread, and I thought it would be a good game, but it had very clunky controls. It was touted at the time by some as potentially being the next GoldenEye. How wrong they were. As both a fan of 007 in general, and also the game, MI was just sad.

Nintendogs (NDS): what's fun about having a dog in a boring room. i don't get it.

Yeah, it was great for the first 2 days. I would've liked it if the dog grew up, or it could actually die. I left the game for about 9 months and came back, my dog was still there... starving but alive o_O

I usually don't buy games before reading reviews. So it's been a long time since I've bought a game and been disappointed greatly.

I was a little embarrassed while buying Pokemon Pearl, and I'm 23 years old.

It was touted at the time by some as potentially being the next GoldenEye. How wrong they were. As both a fan of 007 in general, and also the game, MI was just sad.

I was disappointed with Mission Impossible too, I hadn't read the reviews. After playing it read that crap about it striving to be the next Goldeneye lol. no no no.

It was terrible.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I found another crappy game I used to own: Casper Spirit Dimensions

The game was boring and the controls were weird. That wasn't the most embarassing moment though. I was stuck for hours in the second level. I couldn't find the last ticket part to get into the circus tent. So I was flying constantly around the whole level to find it until I went total insane of frustration and just started flying against the closed circus tent door. Suddenly the screen freaks out and there I was inside the circustent.

The fact that I needed a weird glitch to finish a game for 3 year olds says enough, this game is embarassing and crappy.

D

Dane

Hmm, Worse game I would have to say is one of the Spyro's. I couldn't get into it another one that started to only get fun after like 6 levels is Donkey Kong 64. A game that was average - Super Mario Sunshine.

Oh yeah, I forgot biggest Dissapointment and boring - Luigi's Mansion

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
the very first game i ever returned because i thought it was crappy was....

Super Paper Mario

i had such high expectations for the game and i love its predecessors including Mario RPG but this game let me down so hard. First game where i ever found myself just waiting for it to end. sorry guys but i just didn't like it...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
the very first game i ever returned because i thought it was crappy was....

Super Paper Mario

i had such high expectations for the game and i love its predecessors including Mario RPG but this game let me down so hard. First game where i ever found myself just waiting for it to end. sorry guys but i just didn't like it...

I think that you are being a bit too harsh.
Super Paper Mario is a very good game, even though it's not as good as the earlier entries in the series.
There are far more worse games for the Wii than that one

S

Spreeze

Let's see.. the worst game I've ever bought?

Well, when Gameboy Color was the thing, my parents bought me a Shrek game that... well, sucked. It was boring and stupid and blah--
OH. MY. GOSH.
Okay, I might edit this post later. I was looking through my old Gameboy Color games for more horrible badness... and I just discovered Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.
WHEN DID WE GET THIS!?
*runs to play*

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In the beggining of the month, I bough a great quantity of used GB games, each for 0,50 cents, and, when I got home, I saw that there were games there such as Tiny Toons Adventures,and Duck Tales(even though this game has one of the best VG Tunes ever,the Moon track(yes, this game is an exact port of the NES one)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Shadow the Hedgehog on GameCube.

I played it through to the very end, did all the Final boss fights and differant paths, watched the ending ancd everything and then lay down on my bed and suddenly realised that was a terrible game.

I had to play through Final Fantasy 3 almost twice before I could fully recover :P

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The worst game i've ever bought was.....

the fake pokemon Diamond and Jade

as soon as i started playing it, i was ripped off.
nothing in the game looks like pkmn. i was really angry.

the game had some swearing so i threw it out the window.

The worse game I have probably ever bought is Nintendogs, That game was terrible, I do suppose though that it came with the DS when I got it, Still pretty terrible game. Not the type of game I can play at all, It takes to much time every day and walking each individual dog gets really boring.

I also bought Cars, That was another bad game, It is fun for just taking up time but as a serious game it it terrible, It doesn't even really have any proper races in it. It only takes about 2 hours to fully complete it which is kind of a disappointment :dry:.

T

Tatlfaerie

Worst game i ever bought would have to be Prince of Persia. I almost broke my thumb playing that game. :(

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Most embarrassing game I've ever bought would have to be Dog's Life. Sure it was fun for a little while, but oh man, when I look back... it's just like... "Why?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom