• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most embarassing/Worst Game you've ever bought?

M

Myyrä

The worst game i ever bought must be the silver surfer for Nes.
Horrible game. I bought it week ago.
This explains it's terriblenes:

Silver Surfer is regarded as an extremely hard game for these reasons:

* Silver Surfer can only take one hit before dying.
* Most of the game's enemies take multiple hits to kill.
* Silver Surfer dies upon touching any obstruction in the level, compounded by the fact that his board is large and open areas are very small.
* Most of the time Silver Surfer is being attacked by large numbers of enemies coming from all directions.
* In some levels, it can be hard to tell what bits of scenery are obstructions.
* Whenever Silver Surfer dies, he has to restart the level from either the start or a checkpoint.

And top of that, every level has tons of enemies.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
1)Top Gun (NES)- I just can't get the hang of it. I dont know what it is I just dislike it
2)E.T.(Atari 2600)- One of the WORST GAMES EVER MADE The game is boring, it makes no sence and to boot you cant get out of the stupid holes (If you've played it, you would know what I mean)
3) Mansion of Hidden Souls (Sega CD)- Its a weird game. Thats all I gotta say about that.

Actually General Lee, ET for the Atari 2600 IS the worst game ever made. It was the last factor that caused the video game crash of '83.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Actually General Lee, ET for the Atari 2600 IS the worst game ever made. It was the last factor that caused the video game crash of '83.

Yep thats why they burried most of the copies somwhere im not 100% sure but I think it was New Mexico. There was just not enough time for them to program a good game. I think it was about HALF the time they had to program it then a normal Atari 2600 game, and they made like double the copies of a normal 2600 game.I have 3 wrods to discribe that. Recipie for Disaster

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Happy Feet for the Gamecube. Orz.

It was my mom's idea, she kept bringing it up and it was near Christmas time. So I just went along with it and said "It would be cute to play at least", and surprise: I got it that Christmas. D:

A few weeks later I got sick, so I decided I might as well play it. I can't even begin to explain what a horrible game it was.. @_@ It was basically, the same 3 level designs used over and over, without any increase in difficulty, with different landscapes.. which is not saying much considering the local.

There was belly sliding levels, These underwater levels where you had to swim threw air bubbles to stay alive (Painfully difficult because if you missed even one, you didn't have enough to get to the next one. x_x), and basically a poorly ripped off controller version of DDR. D:

So to top that all off.. I beat it in about an hour, and keep in mind I was trying to take it slow so I could try and "enjoy" it.

Going back to what I told my mom, it looks like it would be cute to play. It wasn't. The graphics, the voice acting (if I remember right, they aren't even the same as they are in the film?), just everything. It blows my mind that they couldn't properly intemperate a CG animated movie even in the least bit. x_x;

Besides that though.. I usually try and find the good in all my games. D= Even if it wasn't what I was expecting, there's usually some value of game playing. Sadly there was absolutely none to be found in Happy feet... at least I got a cute Mumble plushie out of it? ; ^;''

Shnappy

derp
I'm going to have to go with Guitar Hero: On Tour.
I was in need of a new DS, so I got the Guitar Hero DS with GH: OT.
I liked the DS with the Guitar Hero logo, but The controls are really dumb and hard to use, and the strumming was very unreliable.

I also had bought some Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents stuff when I was like 9/10, but they're..... mildly entertaining. Seriously.:mellow:

S

Shawnogohma

Uh, it really isn't any worse than most Atari games.

So, worst game I've ever bought?

Don't have one.

I make sure that before I get a game that it's fun and playable. I have several games that have generally low scores on the internet, but I still like them because I don't allow the media to brainwash my look on things, so that I can have an opinion.

But if I have to, the worst game I've ever bought was Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.

Actually, I didn't even buy it. It was a requested Christmas gift. But still, yeah.

It's actually not so bad, but it's more like a SWB mini-game then anything else.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Uh, it really isn't any worse than most Atari games.

Lol dude Atari is awsome incase you didnt know. It isnt about graphics and all this. At least thats what most people think. Atari is entertaining and I find it fun with the bad graphics even to imagine what the objects are. Next time you play Atari keep that in mind. Be imagineitive :)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Happy Feet for the Gamecube. Orz.

It was my mom's idea, she kept bringing it up and it was near Christmas time. So I just went along with it and said "It would be cute to play at least", and surprise: I got it that Christmas. D:

A few weeks later I got sick, so I decided I might as well play it. I can't even begin to explain what a horrible game it was.. @_@ It was basically, the same 3 level designs used over and over, without any increase in difficulty, with different landscapes.. which is not saying much considering the local.

There was belly sliding levels, These underwater levels where you had to swim threw air bubbles to stay alive (Painfully difficult because if you missed even one, you didn't have enough to get to the next one. x_x), and basically a poorly ripped off controller version of DDR. D:

So to top that all off.. I beat it in about an hour, and keep in mind I was trying to take it slow so I could try and "enjoy" it.

Going back to what I told my mom, it looks like it would be cute to play. It wasn't. The graphics, the voice acting (if I remember right, they aren't even the same as they are in the film?), just everything. It blows my mind that they couldn't properly intemperate a CG animated movie even in the least bit.

Yep, that's sorta like my story, minus the whole playing due to illness, and I have it for the Wii. The Wii version's graphics, the N64 could probabally render! Voice acting was not even close. The plot of the game was no where near the movie (Isn't that in every movie game). It was pretty much a game that needed to be trashed before it was released. I mean, there was only one good level out of it, and the rest are repeats.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I hate 5 games: Mario Pinball Land, Deus Ex, Banjo Pilot, Spyro 4, and lastly 1942 Kai.

I remember that Spyro, Mario, and Banjo were awesome games but these put their names in disgrace.

I'm going to have to go with Guitar Hero: On Tour.
I was in need of a new DS, so I got the Guitar Hero DS with GH: OT.
I liked the DS with the Guitar Hero logo, but The controls are really dumb and hard to use, and the strumming was very unreliable.

I completely agree with you. I think the creators of GH are milking it way too much, and it's starting to get old with me. This "portable" version is easily the worst game in the franchise. The pick was slipping out of my hand, so I had to use my finger which resulted in a scratched up touch screen.-.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom