• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most embarassing/Worst Game you've ever bought?

I wanna say Twilight Princess, but then fanboys will falsely flag me and I will get the banhammer.
So, instead, I choose the one game I downloaded on the Virtual Console, foolishly thinking it would be a great game. Enter 'SimEarth: The Living Planet' for the TurboGraphx-16. First off, there's the voice acting. Whenever you start a new game, a big Japanese planet with a dopey face. I say Japanese not because it has a small skirt with a cat tail, but because it's mouth always moves. Even when the speaker stops talking. Also, HE TELLS YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO DO. Make oceans, produce life, experiment with different environments, and then make an Exodus to another planet. The voice and the word Exodus made me think the game was made by Christians, but then the concept led me away from that. Then there's the music: one single soundtrack of nothing but a slow Gehanna theme. I'm not kidding. I feel great that it's not on Youtube. Then there's the graphics. They just throw you onto the planet you chose, show you some stuff, and your supposed to know what it is. The manual doesn't even have a key for it, let alone the game. Also, if you put life somewhere, it's just a still picture with it's own background. The only animated thing is the ocean, which is why I tried coating Mars with water. But then I planted Ice on the Desert, and it expanded. So I ended up with a giant ball of ice. Oh, and when I looked for species to plant, humans were nonexistent. This game has you play the role of a deity, but you can't create humans. Also, certain species prefer certain landscapes. So I put some dinosaurs in the Jungle, because the game said that's what they liked. They all died.
Overall, it's a confusing mess.

Sorry if I did anything bad by posting a full-fledged review.

Kybyrian

Spiderman(I forget if it was 1 or 2) for the Nintendo Gamecube. That was a godawful game, seriously. I just got it to be playing it, and I couldn't stand it. Not even a little bit through the game it was absolutely horrible. I still have one image stuck in my head of the horrible game and the thoughts of why it was horrible, though unclear thoughts they may be. The game was just completely unenjoyable, nay, unplayable.

Spiderman(I forget if it was 1 or 2) for the Nintendo Gamecube. That was a godawful game, seriously. I just got it to be playing it, and I couldn't stand it. Not even a little bit through the game it was absolutely horrible. I still have one image stuck in my head of the horrible game and the thoughts of why it was horrible, though unclear thoughts they may be. The game was just completely unenjoyable, nay, unplayable.

Likely spiderman 1, because I have Spiderman 2 for that same system and loved it, although I didn't play much of it excluding with the cheat.

And I'll have to get back to you on the worst game I've ever played. Probably Mario Party 8, but ... I'll think a bit more before confirming this.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
There are a whole slew of games that I've only played once and never could bring myself to play again, so it's hard to choose. I'll leave out games based on movies and Mario Party games to narrow it down a bit. Hmm... The first ones that come to mind are Wii Music and Shadow the Hedgehog.

First of all, casual games aren't my cup of tea, so I don't know what possessed me to purchase Wii Music in the first place, then there are the terrible controls. And Shadow the Hedgehog... It's been so long since I've played that, that I don't even remember why I didn't like it. All I remember is that the gameplay was incredibly dull, and it had guns. I don't like gun games.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
It is extremely rare for me to actually have a game that I hate that I've played, but I know that I have at least one.

Escape from Monkey Island. I only played it for at least 30 minutes and I hated every single minute of it. Although I will admit that there was one tiny thing I liked about it, everything else didn't catch my attention. I couldn't understand what the game was about, figure out what I had to do, etc. It was just thirty minutes of pure "ugh"!

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Oh wow, single-handed WORST game EVER. Wow, that takes thinking. *thinking* There's a really bad STAR WARS game for Wii that I hate....... I don't really know, there's a few. I've probably mentioned them in other posts :P

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
To be totally honest, I hate pretty much any sports game I've ever played (not because they're not.. good.. or whatever.. but because I just hate sports.)

But I really dont like all of the random "party" games for wii (like the one with the bubbles where you have to get your mii to fit in it? wtf is that crap?)
most of the mario party games, and anything Barbie, MK & A, or movie related.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

UGH!

i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-p228060760404242422t5wm_400.jpg

... Oh, me? Probably that one Pokemon spin off game that's name I forgot. It's not terrible per say, but it is boring as hell.

Attachments

• i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-p228060760404242422t5wm_400.jpg
    i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-p228060760404242422t5wm_400.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
You said that Super Mario Galaxy 2, a game with a 10 rating, sucked. I've played the game and hands down, is my favorite game of all time next to Heartgold and a few others. I do see how you could hate it, but I loved it to death. Anyway, a game that I played that sucked...I can't recall what it was.

Diablo

King of Redeads
The worst game I played was True crime LA. It impossible to lose and is by far the easiest game ever. Even if you lose in a mission it allows you to skip and go on in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom