• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most dissapointing of the Soundtracks

Which has the most disappointing OST's?

• LOZ- Aol (They both had limited tracks)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alttp

• LA

• OOT

• OOS/OOA

• FSA

• TMC

• MM

• TWW

• TP

• Total voters

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Which Zelda Soundtrack was the most disappointing?

For me, it had to be TP. Why did Mario get a full orchestrated soundtrack while TP is stuck with some bloody Midi? You'd suspect that they had to rush the whole thing. There isn't even a single memorable tune in that game.
(Couldn't put PH in the thread because of lack of Options)

Amelie

Air Dancer
TP of course! Reused Zelda songs are really the only ones I liked.. the rest was.. kind of a slow creepy horn sound in the fields and.. I dont know... TWW sound track blasts TP soundtrack out of the water =D

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I am probably not the tune master here, hardly would be at any occasion. But I belive I was not to happy with the FSA soundtrack (Must say I was not too fond of that game in any aspect).

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I said Majora's Mask. I feel that they could have upgraded a few of the themes and added a lot more memorable ones. While there are plenty of great tunes in every Zelda game, MM was the only one that made sense for me. TP's soundtrack was great, in my opinion. I would have put down LoZ/AoL.. ..but at the time they were made, they were probably in the top 10 soundtracks on the NES (to me at least). You have to look at the games in comparison to when they were released.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I have to go with PH. I think it had a very poor soundtrack. There were a few nice tunes here and there, but overall it was a big dissapointment for me. The Ocean theme wasn't that okay, but I would've liked something better.

I quite liked the soundtrack in Twilight Princess actually. It would've been better if it was fully orchestrated like Mario Galaxy, but it wasn't bad IMO. I thought the Hyrule Field theme in particular was very good.

PH. Like HH, I liked TP's soundtrack. I like how they slowed down a lot of the classic songs to fit the semi-dreary aspect of the game. As far as I remember, PH has absolutley no even close to original tracks.

Zarom

The King
I have to say TP too. The music wasn't as great and as memorable as the previous games. I would have picken LOZ, but since it's the first game, the first time we hear the Zelda theme and all that...

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would have to say PH. It wasn't terribly original, and the themes were horribly redundand. That overworld theme was maddeningly repetative! I was expecting it to break into a main theme of some kind, but it never did. The only real piece I liked from it was the serene music of the village. Otherwise, it wasn't so great.

I can't believe people are saying TP was bad! I have the full 6 hour score and it's absolutely wonderful. It's the best Zelda soundtrack next to TWW I'd say. I actually listen to it in amongst my regular movie soundtrack playlists.

It didn't get a full orchestral release because it was for GameCube. Mario Galaxy got one since it was Wii developed and also was made years later. TP was originally a 2005 release, but was held back for the Wii, and in 2005 there wasn't many fully orchestrated soundtracks. Even then, Galaxy did have some MIDI music thrown in there.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I, honestly, didn't find anything annoying. I actually liked most of the music, with the exception of some songs. Apparently, people are slamming Twilight Princess for using a MIDI sequencer, rather than orchestrated. I don't think it was just due to the lack of time for production, but also the GameCube discs could hold only 1.5 GB, not enough to hold a massive game and a recorded OST. However, I must admit, the synthesizer was pretty nice sounding.

Phantom Hourglass didn't have the prettiest of game OSTs, but I thought there were some nice themes to it. I did find Oshus's theme, as well as Linebeck's theme nice sounding. It seems I'm the opposite of everyone, because I thought the village theme rather annoying. I didn't mind the Ocean theme, but it wasn't as great as WW's theme. You got to remember, it is a DS. You can't fit a great synthesizer in 256 MB. Of course, they could've tried getting a synthesizer from the N64 *cough64bitzeldacough*.

By the way, Basement, Super Mario Galaxy did have some MIDI, but they mainly did the ones in which a certain sound could be achieved by synthesizing, and not just an orchestra (Bouldergiest, for example, was synthesized).

Back on topic, I thought that the MM soundtrack was the most disappointing. They had a lot of nice sounds, but the music couldn't top it's sister game, OoT. There weren't many songs that I flip for on my iPod (Yes, I'm a game music collector. Deal with it! :P). The songs in MM were more emotional than OoT, but I thought the dungeon tunes were a lot better than the area themes (Snowpeak, Great Bay, and Southern Swamp had terrible, annoying themes). Then again, you're listening to a band nerd, so sorry for my ranting. [/rant]

Yep, I gotta steal a joke. :P

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Seriously? TP? I accidentally picked LttP over PH, since I couldn't stand the weird Light World theme, but yeah, PH had no original music and neglected to even play any in some spots.

TP had an amazing score- all of the remixes were handled brilliantly (Kakariko/Dark World and Ballad of the Wind Fish/Hidden Village in particular), and Hyrule Field's theme was one of the greatest new tracks I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Ordon and Lake Hylia were also great, and the subtle shifts in music depending on time of day and enemies were awesome.

WW takes the cake, though, with Dragon Roost Island, Great Sea, and Molgera Theme being amazing pieces, along with the Windfall Kakariko remix and the atmospheric Forest Haven theme. The rest of the music was perfectly atmospheric and dynamically interacted with the battle music and such. None of the songs had the epic, moody feel of TP, but in-game they were awesome. I'd prefer to listen to TP's soundtrack alone any day, but WW's music was very well-fitted.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Even though It's Not an option I'll have to say Phantom Hourglass.
It's OST was very bland and meh, seriously, if so, it had one or two kinda catchy themes.

From the options I'd have to say LoZ/AoL.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
Why isn't Phantom Hourglass a opinion? Phantom Hourglass was really a disappointment from the whole Zelda series. On every island the sound was the same even in the Dungeons. In the games OOT, MM, TP and all the Zelda games every dungeon or country has it's own sound. Well, not all of them, LttP had the same, everywhere you had the same sound, only in the Dark World and Death Mountain was different.

Why has TP a bad OST? TP's soundtrack was the most based on OOT. You could hear the same sounds as in OOT only with a better tune. Every place had it's own sound and the sounds are really fitting the paces too. Like Zora Domain, it's the same as OOT, Kakariko was halfway the same. In the Temple of Time it WAS the same. No i can't choose TP.

Anyway i voted for LttP. Simply i explained it in the Phantom Hourglass section. The Dungeons has only one annoying theme. The whole world has it's own song, someway it is really and really annoying. But PH was worser, i liked LttP's Dark World and Mountain theme. But i don't say i really dislike the whole OST, i like them all, only LttP and PH has the same song everywhere. I didn't play the Legend Of Zelda's before LttP so i can't complain about their sounds. Gonna search for roms from the Zelda's before.

C

Crystal Clair

Why isn't Phantom Hourglass a opinion? Phantom Hourglass was really a disappointment from the whole Zelda series. On every island the sound was the same even in the Dungeons.
This

The amount of songs on Phantom Hourglass was sad. You had the town song, the desert island/uninhabited parts song, the two dungeon songs (one for smaller dungeons and one for temples), and all the interiors sounded the same except for the Goron Island one. Not only that but most of the songs were short, generic, mediocre and boring. The desert island song played only for a few seconds before it looped.

Twilight Princess had a good soundtrack compared to that abomination.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I really liked AoL's soundtrack, but I really disliked the original Legend of Zelda. The overworld theme was so repetitive as were the themes for the dungeons. AoL had a soundtrack for the palaces, towns, caves, and the overworld. No matter how good a certain song is, if there's no variety, than I don't like the music in a game.

PH obviously. That game had like no soundtrack whatsoever to it. Just the same music over and over on limited islands gets boring after a short while. And just for kicks, TP is a close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom