• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Disapointing Win EVER!

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Alright so I was wondering if anybody had ever done and awesome sidequest or beat a really cool boss in a game but then you got something completly useless. Just would like to hear some of your stories :) Thanks

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Don't know if this counts, but while searching for rupees in WW, I worked real hard to find all of the treasure charts. While searching for one of the treasures, I found a green rupee... yeah.

The Longshot in OoT wasn't a good dungeon item in my opinion. (It was still OK though.)

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
The ice arrows in OoT! Completely useless! It is so not worth the time unless you trying to do a 100% run.

Also getting all 100 gold skulltulas (OoT) and all golden bugs (TP), all you get is rupees and I always feel like I have too many rupees in both games. Specially since you can't go over the rupee limit.

i felt REALLY cheated out of the Anju and Kafei sidequest in MM. i go through all that and what do i get as the final reward? a mask that gets you one piece of heart and then becomes useless. needless to say, i was PO'd and din't feel like playing anymore.

A

AbbySciuto

i felt REALLY cheated out of the Anju and Kafei sidequest in MM. i go through all that and what do i get as the final reward? a mask that gets you one piece of heart and then becomes useless. needless to say, i was PO'd and din't feel like playing anymore.

Best signature ever.

I remember playing through one of the Gameboy Zelda games (I think it was Oracle of Seasons) and seeing a chest on some ledge. It was pretty high up and the way to get to it was very convoluted. After a couple lives, I finally got to it and found...

...10 rupees.

:(

K

Kylehorrible

Getting every banana and banana fairy in DK64. Your prize at the end? Another golden banana, but this one is slightly bigger than the rest. Totally not worth it, you also get a different end credit sequence but its really really lame.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
In Paper Mario, The Thousand Year Door, the Pit of 100 Trials. Basically, it's a 100 floor pit, filled with enemies. At the end, you fight Bonetail, (I think. Maybe it's a different name) the strongest of the 3 dragon bosses in the game. You need to be a pretty high level to beat the pit, and when you do, you get a badge. This badge makes so you can avoid battles with enemies that are very weak. Cool right! Wrong. At the time I got this, I was near the end of the game, and had collected everything I wanted from other areas, thus, making it totally usless :xd:.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Attempting to do all of the kinstone fusions of The Minish Cap. It was ridiculously useless the only thing that was ever good about it was the mysterious seashells if you even felt like taking a couple hours to do that. Who would need rupees when there's too many already. Plus, they give a kinstone for a kinstone? Now want is the point of that? I don't get it. At least a few of them give you Piece of Hearts, empty bottles, and item upgrades. Well, I guess it's not all pointless.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
that mask is not useless yet hold onto it and get all the masks and on the moon there are four kids running with the remains of the four bosses go through the mini-dungeons and then give them the masks and when you have only transformation masks you can get a VERY worth it mask that's useful for the fight with majora

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
...which pretty much puts the Couple's Mask on the same level as the Mask of Scents or the Circus Leader Mask. Yes, the story of Anju and Kafei is beautifully told, but VembersWind's point that the reward isn't quite what he expected still stands.

I was disappointed by Knights of the Old Republic 2. Like its predecessor, it had several opportunities for you to follow either the light or the dark side of the force. But whereas the first game had different endings based on your choices (well, based on one choice near the ending, but if you consistently followed one side, that didn't matter), the second one just kinda fell apart at the end. The studio was rushing the game to the shelves for some arbitrary deadline, and as a result, not all of the subplots get wrapped up, and the ending sequence for female light side, male light side, female dark side and male dark side are pretty much identical. There's a fan patch for the PC version that improves the game a lot, but I've got the Xbox version, so that didn't help me very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom