• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Difficult Zelda Game You've Played

L

Link's Journey

What is the most difficult zelda game you've played. Can't be CDI and can't be four swords. You can do four swords adventures

octorok74

TETTAC
Zelda II. I've had the game for five years and I play it frequently. I can't get the hammer and I can't do much else. Stupid enemies.

Zelda II: Adventure of Link. That game is frustrating beyond belief in its level of difficulty. Enemies do so much damage and it takes a true "hardcore" gamer to best tougher enemies like Darknuts. Excluding that game which many deem the black sheep of the franchise, I'd probably have to say the original NES Legend of Zelda game is the hardest. Without a guide to aid you in exploration, it was easy to get lost. Also, latter dungeons were packed beyond belief with tricky enemy combinations.

MW7

The most difficult Zelda game is Zelda II and that's as close to fact as an opinion around here gets.

However, for me personally the two Zelda games which gave me the most trouble were Oracle of Ages and Minish Cap. Of course I died more in Adventure of Link (I've played through it twice), but I felt like completing those other two games were a greater achievement for me personally. It's a different kind of challenge. In Adventure of Link I died a lot, but I always knew what I had to do- it was just a matter of execution. In Oracle of Ages and Minish Cap there were times when I had no clue whatsoever as to how to proceed. I'm aware of Minish Cap's reputation as a super easy Zelda game, but I actually found myself stuck in this game much more than any other game in the series. Oracle of Ages has given me a fair share of trouble as well but not nearly as much as Minish Cap.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Well, that's relative. I've played and beaten Adventure of Link at least three times in my life - everyone says it's the "most difficult Zelda title," yet, personally, I've played through and beaten Majora's Mask only once and found that one, personally, more difficult. The saving system and the somewhat arbitrary loss of items made it difficult. (I also played it on the GameCube emulation, which is notoriously glitchy and prone to freezing up, which made it even more difficult). Since I got a Wii, I bought the game on download for that, which clears up the glitch problem, but have yet to give it a full playthrough.

The story on that is great, but I *really* hate the save-system on it, so that alone makes MM the most difficult Zelda (for me) that I've played.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda 2. I played a bit and for my own health I will not be doing it again. I'm a pretty angry person so frustration is not good for me, my heart or my controllers.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
The Adventure of Link, definitely. I would cite the original LoZ, but a walkthrough was able to help me through most of that one. With AoL, that only got me so far.
lol.gif

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
That's easy: Zelda 2. It took me about 80 deaths to beat. However, it only took me three days; I was determined to beat it so I played it all day and all night.

Most people will probably keep saying Zelda II. I can't argue with that. I think it is one of the hardest games in general. If you are determined enough you can make it through though. When I did it for the first time I was super stoked and proud of myself. :)

What is the most difficult zelda game you've played. Can't be CDI and can't be four swords. You can do four swords adventures
Why FSA but not FS?!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Zelda II. I've had the game for five years and I play it frequently. I can't get the hammer and I can't do much else. Stupid enemies.

I'm stuck on the same part, but I've only had it for about one year. I hope I won't still be at this part in five years, haha. However, my problem lies not within the enemies, but with my complete lack of knowledge at where to go. I feel like I've exolored the entire world to no avail.

Then there's ALttP, which I found very difficult, and therefore I'm always frustrated when someone says it's one of the easier games, haha. I have more deaths on that than I got in LoZ: a grand total of 99, and that's assuming that the game can actually count PAST that, which I'm not so sure about...

As MW7 said, I also found Minish Cap to be a bit difficult, because I didn't know where to go a lot. And the game never really stood out to me – if someone asked me for help, I probably wouldn't be able to remember what to do.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I haven't really played AoL, I do own it, but theres just so many other games I'm trying to finish, that I've only played it once. when I started it I had no clue where to go or what to do and kept dying :(
and I haven't gotten to the first temple yet..

So I don't think I can count that one yet...
but so far, I'd have to say Link's Awakening or Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening, for the most part you don't really know what to do...for example I just got past the part where you have to give kiki the monkey bananas so he will get the other monkeys to build a bridge for him, and I didn't figure out that you had to go through part of the trading sequence just to get the bananas -_-

I've had a pretty hard time with OoT -_- IDK why, I just have -_- right now I'm trying to get the megaton hammer
I HATE THE FIRE TEMPLE SOO MUCH
idk it might be the controls I don't like...I'm hoping it'll be easier to control on the 3ds..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom