• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Difficult Zelda Boss?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
For me honestly, would be either Phantom Ganon or Volvagia from OoT. I would most likely to miss the target on the bosses when they come near. It would take me hours to finish the bosses. Others bosses were no problem. These two make me frustrated on getting the target.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
From the games I have beaten... Blind the Thief from ALTTP. Not because of tactics or anything. But because he deals hecka lot of damage and can be difficult to dodge at times.

From games I have yet to beat, Dark Link from TAOL. We all know this to be true.

MW7

I'm going to have to say Mothula from ALTTP. The boss room is ridiculous so it's nearly impossible to avoid damage while fighting Mothula.

Also no offense to anyone, but shouldn't the fact that a certain tactic renders Dark Link a pushover count against him in terms of overall difficulty. I'm not denying that he's easily the most difficult boss/enemy/challenge in any Zelda game by far if you fight him without using the tactic; however, you could hand the controller to virtually any human in existence and tell them to hold down and repeatedly press b to beat him. In fact you may be able to train a dog to beat him. I guess it's just that my interpretation of the concept of difficulty is different. I mean if you're going to add caveats to the argument, how much different is it to say beating dark link without doing the corner trick is the hardest ever than to say beating Volvagia while wearing iron boots is the hardest ever (for example). I know it's not a perfect analogy, but I think you all understand what I mean.

Edit: I thought of another example- beating Twinmold without the Giant's Mask is supposedly really hard, and people do it as part of a MM minimalist run.

2nd Edit: What about Majora? With the Fierce Deity's Mask he's a joke but without it the battle is infinitely harder.

Last edited:

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
I would have to say Gyorg from MM. There are probably harder ones, but I haven't beaten a lot of Zelda games. I've beaten Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Ocarina of Time. I'm working on A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda (original), and Wind Waker.

geek4887

The Unknown
I'm curious as to this Gyorg guy. I haven't had time to play MM because of TLoZ. Yeah, I'm borrowing a friend's 3DS so I have a limited time, but once I'm done, I'll try to get myself into MM again (gosh this is so embarrassing :dry:). Anyways, the most challenging boss battle I'VE had is probably...Gohma! Lol :P no, not really.

It has to be that one boss from TLoZ with the four mouths who shoot out those energy orbs that harm you. I'm bad with enemy names, so sorry. But, honestly, I've only finished the "easy" Zeldas, and I haven't beaten those "big boy" ones, unless MC is one of those big boy Zeldas. But, I'll try to get my hands on them.

MW7

I'm curious as to this Gyorg guy. I haven't had time to play MM because of TLoZ. Yeah, I'm borrowing a friend's 3DS so I have a limited time, but once I'm done, I'll try to get myself into MM again (gosh this is so embarrassing :dry:). Anyways, the most challenging boss battle I'VE had is probably...Gohma! Lol :P no, not really.

It has to be that one boss from TLoZ with the four mouths who shoot out those energy orbs that harm you. I'm bad with enemy names, so sorry. But, honestly, I've only finished the "easy" Zeldas, and I haven't beaten those "big boy" ones, unless MC is one of those big boy Zeldas. But, I'll try to get my hands on them.

Interesting, I think most people wouldn't consider TLoZ an "easy" Zelda but rather one of the hardest. I'd put it as the 3rd hardest behind AOL and ALTTP.

Back on topic, I think that Gyorg is actually the easiest boss in Majora's Mask, but that still doesn't mean he's easy. I know I'm in the vast minority with this opinion but I've come across at least two other people on these forums who have thought similarly.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I'd say the most difficult in terms of just plain head-banging would be the Lanmola in Hera's Tower in ALttP. I mean, it knocks you off its platform if it touches you, forcing you to climb back up to it, and making you start over from the beginning. It's not hard per se, but you get the idea.

The hardest boss in terms of actual difficulty? It's gonna be a toss-up between Helmasaur King and Mothula from ALttP. What the usere above said about Mothula is my argument for it: the boss is impossible to predict. The spike traps fly at you from all directions, the floor moves, and the boss flies around erratically. It's even worse in the Palace of the Four Sword, where he splits himself and continues the assault.

The Helmasaur King walks around the room, uninterrupted by Hammer blows to its mask, and it stings you with its tail, rams you, and spits fireballs at you. When you completely destroy the mask, it starts triple-teaming you. It spits fireballs at you, then while you're trying to dodge those, it tries to sting you, and when you dodge both of those, it rams you. Good luck escaping this battle without a scratch.

T

theanimator

I may be in the minority for saying this, but I HATE Ganon from Oot. SO. MANY. HITS!!!!!
And as a side note this is compared to all the bosses from tLoz, Aol, Alttp, Oot, MM, TP, PH, and ST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom