• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most difficult final Zelda boss?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Bellum (PH) took me the most time jmy first time through just because i couldnt figure him out. Call me what you will, it was the first time I'd ever beaten a Zelda game.
Also 1000% on the Dark Link from AoL. If for some reason you have an issue with "nobility" and "doing as the designers intended", good luck. That fight is gonna take you a long time.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The first thing is just that he does a lot of damage, iirc. Besides that, his attack patterns can be a bit tricky if you're not used to them: the counterattack he does after hitting his sword a few times, the two swings in a row, etc, can result in you getting hit a lot if you're not careful. In the second phase especially, I didn't really get how to call the lightning quickly and kept getting hit before I could.

The fight can be incredibly easy if you actually know what you're doing, of course. But it gave me some trouble the first couple of times until I got it down.
Not to mention that he can tear through shields if you aren't careful. If I hadn't taken the extra time to level up one of mine, I would have been very dead. Otherwise, he isn't that bad.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably Ganon and Dark Link from Zelda 1 and 2, but those are from an era of bull**** game design and artificial difficulty so I'm inclined to ignore them. The Calamity/Blight boss rush at the end of BotW might qualify, but proper preparation can balance even five bosses in a row out. I'd probably go with Ganon from ALTTP, since the sheer number of times you had to strike him (and without any sort of lock-on) was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Onox can be pretty hard. He hits really hard and fast, especially his fireball attack. Special mention to ALttP Ganon, too, for being the hardest Ganon fight, imo; he can inflict alot of hurt pretty fast if you're careless, even with the Red Mail.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Vaati in MC caused me quite some trouble. I also struggled with the first part of the big G man on WW when I first played it. His different shapes and his fast moves were more annoying and frustrating.

The Nightmares from Link’s Awakening gave me the most trouble back in the day, until I found the boomerang. I don’t know how many plain and exploding arrows I’d fired at its final form before I figured this out, but it was only ever the final form that game me real trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom