• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Controversial... Link's Pants

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
ha I was totally going to say this. Ever see the official Link to the Past artwork? No pants. And his tunic is questionably short.

You've got to have some kind of courage to endure the wardrobe malfunctions from that outfit....

linkfall.jpg

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh sweet jesus, Hylian Pants. I pity whatever enemy was stood below Link there... Gah, why did you have to bring that image back up. Now I need more mindsoap D:
But still, EVEN with pants, he's not immune to that up-tunic shot problem.

Seriously, it's the fact his tunic's so... baggy as well. It looks and acts like a... dress. Look at it poof out! We should be more worried about that!

Also, to the "Oh noes, Link's always worn tight pants if he's worn them at all"-camp, Twilight Princess Link begs to differ.
baggypants.png

*gasp* I see pants that are even baggier than SSLink's!

Also, to the "Oh noes, Link's always worn tight pants if he's worn them at all"-camp, Twilight Princess Link begs to differ.

*gasp* I see pants that are even baggier than SSLink's!

To be fair though, that was his Ordon outfit right?

But in all seriousness, it doesn't bother me. I'm more concerned about Link being a sky being living in the clouds, What is he, Pit? Kid Icarus may have more influence in all of Nintendo that we could have ever imagined! D:

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
To be fair though, that was his Ordon outfit right?

But in all seriousness, it doesn't bother me. I'm more concerned about Link being a sky being living in the clouds, What is he, Pit? Kid Icarus may have more influence in all of Nintendo that we could have ever imagined! D:

It doesn't matter, it's still Link and he's still wearing baggy pants. In truth, I just like dragging this out jokingly as long as possible, for laughs.

But eh, it's not like worlds in the clouds are a new thing to the series though, I mean there's Cloud Tops and the Wind Tribe from MC, and The City in the Sky and the Oocca from TP. Otherwise I might be a little worried this was the case and Nintendo were losing their mind and mixing up their series' XDD

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I really don't see the big deal here. People whine and nag about wanting things to be more realistic in Zelda or make more sense... well, Link's pants make plenty of sense. He hasn't worn tights much anyway in previous games, moreso, tight-fitting leggings... or even, long underwear (google it if you don't know what it is). In Twilight Princess, he actually wore pants, and they weren't really all that tight fitting. Today, it seems that teenage boys wear tighter pants than TP!Link. Do an image search for the official art, and you'll see that his pants bunch up where there is a lot of extra fabric. Kinda makes more sense (IMO) that he wears something more comfortable if he's going to be running around killing baddies all the time..

Now, SS!Link's pants are even bigger, but why is this bad? Do an image search on medieval wear, tunics and whatnot, and you'll see that leggings can be tight, loose, just about anything. Aside from a few recent titles, Zelda has taken place in a medieval-type world, so the pants aren't really out of place anyway. If you think about it, they balance out his outfit. He got even heavier chainmail than he did in TP, and without bigger pants, the lower half of his design wouldn't look very balanced out. It bring the whole design together. And honestly, I think they help him look a lot more masculine.

R

RaccoonCity

your joking right? you think links PANTS in OoT are socks haahhahaaha omg...

T

The Hero

Oh man

I wonder if someone's gonna tell Link he has nice pants.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
This is by far the funniest forum I've seen, I have no problem with his pants and think they're an improvement over tights, which I've noticed aren't all too tight in the past games

L

LOZ.

This is probably the most epic thread on the forum.
I don't really care about his pants. As long they don't change it to radically like giving him a pink pants or something i'm fine with it.
The gameplay is much more important to me than how his pants look. after all, 99% of the time you will look at the environment.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I did notice his pants where a little different, but honestly i couldn't care less about his pants. =)

Last edited:
J

Jintek

My theory, Nintendo realized it wasn't entirely "realistic" to have Link carry all those items around w/ nothing to hold them....

How is it possible that Link carries 10+ items, plus quest items, plus rupees and they all just fit right into his trouser pocket.

On a serious note, I like the new pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom