• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Controversial... Link's Pants

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
This new Link's pants seem to be quite a hot topic when it comes to Skyward Sword. Lots of people are saying that they don't like them, or how they are too big of a change. Others, like me, just find them to be hilarious.
I've seen theories around saying that they're baggy because he'll be skydiving a lot, and skydivers wear pants like that for some reason which escapes me at the moment.
I don't know. This is a thread about Link's pants. Discuss.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
hahaha i have never read a thread as funny as this one :P Link's pants seem fine to me. Although I don't spend a lot of my time looking at Link's pants ~ I thought he always had the exact same pants in all of the Zelda games.

I prefer this pants. By the way, link did not were pants in OoT. Points to your signature. (You should have noticed.) He wears a tunic, a belt a hat, and boots. When he gets older he also gets socks and an undershirt. I think his pants are baggy so he can hoved down like a ... Whatever those saftey balloons ar called. You know the ones you should use if you land in water.

A

AKRedden

They are definitely baggier.
Maybe in this game Link chose comfort over style, haha.

I could see the skydiving theory to be the most likely.

At least, he is wearing pants, as said Ember. O_O

I think they wanted to get rid of his classic tights and gave him proper pants. I'm all fine with that really. Link overally looks better than ever (art style aside)

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I liked his TP pants. They weren't white tights, but they weren't these totally gangstah parachute pants, either. They were for the most part, pretty flattering and made him look like more like a traditional Elfen fairy tale character without looking completely ghei. =)

But I guess a change is good every now and then. Plus they look comfortable, and being comfortable is definitely important whilst traveling between two different worlds and fighting an onslaught of evil.

It kinda gives Link a new feel in this game, making him stand out of all the other links in the series, and for a guy that lives in a chillax place called skyloft, with wind a blowing and moving his pants around, I dunno, it just seems right for this game.
Don't you think?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think the pants look pretty good actually. People keep saying they are baggy or hammer pants. I don't think they are. I think they look like a pair of medieval slacks. If you look at pants back in the day, they were usually not tailored quite so tight fittingly as todays are. I think they are perfect, and much better than the Peter Pan tights he has worn in other games.

If Nintendo has any business sense they will market these pants as a clothing line (like, irl). I'd totally pick me up a pair of Hyrulian trousers.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
If Nintendo has any business sense they will market these pants as a clothing line (like, irl). I'd totally pick me up a pair of Hyrulian trousers.

THIS. x9001.
They'd have to have tunics, too.
Red, green and blue, of course.
I'd pay good money for an outfit like that. =D

13foxes

I think the pants are better than tights. They're more comfortable, and look cooler. I don't have any problem with them, and I think Link really should wear pants from now on. They look good on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom