• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most boring games you've ever played

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
To be quite honest, Doom 3.

I expect three things out of Doom game:

1. Great gunplay with awesome guns.
2. Loads of violence.
3. Great level design.

Doom 3 tried too hard to be a horror game, but the Doom franchise has always been about how many demon giblets can fill the screen. Not only that, but Doom 3, compared to the other shooters I play, feels slow and clunky.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Skyrim was the biggest bore fest i've dealt with in a long while, the story isn't enough to really keep me interested and the world was just ass in terms of exploration, there was no really noteworthy loot and all the caves just linked up.

Closely followed are most if not all forms of racing games (yes mario kart is included) i've never really seen the point of this type of game just endless going around in a loop and trying to win only to get outshaded by an AI whose rubberbanded is worse then their propensity for getting Bullcrap items outta nowhere.

Assassins creed overall bores me, not really much fun playing it, yeah you've got a big world to explore but it's not really a game for the plot, it feels to disjointed and uncohesive to me. Only AC games i enjoyed were the Ezio ones and even then i found my enjoyment only just outweighed the boredom.

Oddly enough i am gonna say Bioshock, though it's a fairly close thing, i always just got bored with the fact theres not really any creative way to dispatch foes you either use "plasmids" or shoot them dead in either case it's just not as much fun, the plot is intriguing but once you start hearing the ever popular repeat phrase you do start to think it's a bit silly. Why does yer dude not think it suspicious that when someone says it he feels compelled to do the damn job?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Animal crossing new leaf aka chores the video game. tried it as per friend recommendation, but it's just chores and waiting
Final Fantasy XV
I'm curious how much of this is grinding. Every final fantasy requires some grinding which is why I haven't bothered to play any aside from X and XII grinding is my bane

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
No Mans Sky. Once I realized the hardest "achievement" involved doing nothing for something like 20 hours, I turned it off and saved valuable hard drive space.
No Man's Sky is a poor man's Elite Dangerous. Space sandboxes can be fun, but it doesn't help that No Man's Sky barely has any reason to explore the cosmos.

At least in Elite Dangerous, it gives me reasons and jobs, which is motivation for me to explore. Especially when I have to deliver smuggled cargo from one star system to the other.

Most boring game for me was a game called Rime. You just walk your character from one area to the next and try to solve puzzles. There is no map of the area, there is no explanation on how certain puzzle elements interact. It started out interesting and became so mindlessly repetitive that I couldn't even finish it. If you played it, I'm sorry. If you beat it, seriously, you deserve a medal.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Digimon World 3, Metroid, Final Fantasy 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 10-2, 13, 13-2, CC, and HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1. Apart from Metroid, you get to grind sometimes a lot to survive... fun right?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Digimon World 3, Metroid, Final Fantasy 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 10-2, 13, 13-2, CC, and HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1. Apart from Metroid, you get to grind sometimes a lot to survive... fun right?
Who doesn't like breaking the story up to grind between every major fight? :P

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Tak and the Guardians of Gross - I played the first three Tak games and I enjoyed them a lot. When I saw there was a new Tak game in 2008 I bought it without hesitation because the series had never failed me before. This game sucked, it was so boring. I can't remember if I completed it or not but everything was so easy.

The Island of Dr. Frankenstien - I enjoy the horror genre; so I bought this game for the title alone, because it said Frankenstien. The back of the game box also said Dracula, The Wolf Man, and other monsters were in the game, which slso contributed to me purchasing it. I expected the game to be decent, but it wasn't. It was the easiest game I ever played in my life; I beat it in under an hour.

Full disclosure: I bought both of these games the same day. Once I played all I wanted out of the Tak game, I did the run of The Island of Dr. Frankenstien which didn't last as long as I expected. Afterward, I stared at the wall for about 30 minutes questioning my method of buying games at that point. I always used to just go into a store, buy some games, and I had fun. That was the first time every game I bought using that method sucked and changed the way I bought games from that point on. I was 13 years old at the time, so this was like my rude awakening as a gamer that there are a lot of games that can suck out there, look into a game before spending money and later feeling like you wasted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom