• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most boring games you've ever played

Sometimes the worst thing a game can be is boring. Huge triple A titles which cost millions to produce could be nothing more than a dull generic grind fest that tells a bad story with uninspired gameplay that just doesn't click with you.

What are some of the most boring games you've ever played and why were they boring?

Was it the gameplay, the story or everything combined?

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have probably forgotten most of the boring ones but I do remember:

RAGE - I don't know how it won any kind of award. It sucked big time and was like a boring version of Fallout/Borderlands. I never finished it because of how dull it was. The only good thing about it was John Goodman voicing a character.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Out of the games I own now, hooo damn was Assassin's Creed II an absolute drag sometimes. the thing is I loved the world so much I just kept pushing. but the gameplay was so mediocre and the animus parts, just ugh

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Other M
Skyward Sword
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War 2018
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Uncharted trilogy

Fallout 4 I found was too distracting and I forgot the main story which was clearly too dull to keep me on track. I have up with that one.

And how could I forget BoTW the sidequests just as dull as the main story so didn't distract me enough from it to stop me finishing. Still the memories were the most boring cutscenes I have ever witnessed in a game.

Fallout 4 I found was too distracting and I forgot the main story which was clearly too dull to keep me on track. I have up with that one.

And how could I forget BoTW the sidequests just as dull as the main story so didn't distract me enough from it to stop me finishing. Still the memories were the most boring cutscenes I have ever witnessed in a game.

I've noticed that it only seems to be fairly modern games that bore me... that's interesting.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've noticed that it only seems to be fairly modern games that bore me... that's interesting.

I think there is just simply more **** out there these days and being pumped out, especially by the Triple A (Read in Jim Sterlings voice) publishers. And the mainstream market just laps up a lot of it therefore that's what we are exposed to more often. There are probably just as many good and interesting games being made but they just don't as often get the attention.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Paper Mario Color Splash

Paper Mario Sticker Star

No Man's Sky

Morrowind

Breath of the Wild

Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Runescape

Not that I hated these games. Just two of them.

Personally I think it's because grinding and empty space are more common in modern games.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
avatar the last airbender video game, it had some neat moments but overall was a game I literally left behind when I moved out of my old house b/c I just found it too dull, and I have zero desire to ever reacquire or revisit it
two others that come to mind are uncharted and zone of the enders, both of which turned me off from trying their supposed much better successors

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I hate to say it, but.. Skyrim. I was so excited when I first got the game and was seriously looking forward to diving into it. But I just could not get into it, was pretty bored while playing. I’ve been thinking about giving it another shot because people have such great things to say about it but, not sure.

I hate to say it, but.. Skyrim. I was so excited when I first got the game and was seriously looking forward to diving into it. But I just could not get into it, was pretty bored while playing. I’ve been thinking about giving it another shot because people have such great things to say about it but, not sure.

I wouldnt I've tried three timee with that game now because i felt like i wasn't 'getting it' and wasnt seeing what people loved.

I still dont see it...

Star Fox Zero. If you want an answer to "how do you take all the fun out of a Star Fox game", look no further.
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Super Mario Odyssey

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I wouldnt I've tried three timee with that game now because i felt like i wasn't 'getting it' and wasnt seeing what people loved.

I still dont see it...

Freedom. Something that BOTW and some others tried to emulate and failed. It blows my mind that Nintendo's idea of "freedom" is being able to do things out of order. More appalling is that some people accept this. They're being fed the crumbs of freedom that is the bare bones standard for Open World games and are in awe of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom