• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most boring games you've ever played

Sometimes a game just doesnt click with you, doesnt engage you. You feel nothing for the characters or world and you often wonder why youre playing and hang the game up several times or give up on it completely.

What are some of the games that you have found boring as hell recently?

For me it was definitely Horizon Zero Dawn.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Heavenly Sword and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Heavenly Sword just has the most boring and uninteresting world and characters, especially since everyone is so goddamn fugly and make the cutscenes hard to watch. I don't even know how I got through the game. Lords of Shadow on the other hand I couldn't finish. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but it was taking way too long to get interesting.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
For me that was Star Ocean till the end of time. It was slow paced, and the cut scenes felt like they took forever. One of the few games I gave up on.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
A Rockstar open world game, probably. I can see why they are popular because I can appreciate do-what-you-want sandboxes, but no part of them really feels like it's possible to have fun with or like structured play feels interesting. Maybe GTA would be fun to mod, it looks like it could be, but I didn't have a good enough PC to play it last time I did. Maybe someday I'll try that. Other than that, large chunks of KH1 were a slog to me, especially the first stretch, with the exception of anything to do with Riku. Somehow I managed to enjoy fighting Riku and his character arc hit home with me.

For a more popular opinion-lined example, DMC2. Oh god, DMC2.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Mass Effect (3 specifically)
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us
Witcher 3
God of War

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Mass Effect (3 specifically)
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us
Witcher 3
God of War
You make me sick.

The most boring game I remember playing was RAGE. I think this game actually won awards. Absolute bull**** in my mind. The developers must have sucked a load of cock for those awards because I could not bring myself to get very far in this game at all and I don't know anyone who thought it was good IRL.

GTA 4 and 5. The world is too distracting as a murder and car stealing simulator so I lost interest in the stories of both of these and never finished them.

BoTW. I did finish because I payed £300 to play it but most of the time I was playing because it was there and I'd bought it. It's not without some good bits but the majority of the gameplay had no appeal to me at all and the story wasn't intriguing in the slightest.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I hear Vroom in The Night Sky is about as bad as it gets, but I've never played.

Sonic Colors takes the Cake for me. I could not at all get into that game for one second, and it was sad, because I loved Sonic so much (I'd only played the first 4).

Already mentioned HZD in my OP but here are some more from me now that i've thought about it.

Every Assassin's Creed
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy XV
Every Uncharted
Every Kingdom Hearts

Ninja

Well well well
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!

Mortal Kombat X got stale for me very quick.
UFC2 aside from building your cards isn’t that exciting.
Dragonball Tenkaichi games are inferior to the side by side fighting style.
Rock Band 4 got stale quickly as well. Base song list wasn’t great and the DLC recently is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom