• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Annoying Zelda Enemy?

which monster do you want to strangle?

• Bokoblin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deku/quadro baba

• Keese

• Armos

• Ampilus

• Lizalfos

• Chuchu

• Pyrup

• Froak

• Beamos

• Cranioc

• Spume

• Octorok

• Furnix

• Moblin

• Hrok

• Skulltula

• Stalfos

• Sentrobe

• Staldra

• Total voters

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
-__- All of them.They all block attacks annoyingly well. I especially hate the Bokoblins in the Lanayru province. The electric weapon was just annoying! And exclude Lizalfos from my hate list, I LOVE fighting them! They are so much fun :)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I DEMAND THIS POLL VOID DUE TO THE FACT THAT "FI" WAS NOT INCLUDED!!!

Seriously. I hate Fi. I know she's not technically an enemy, but still, I hate creepy, hybrid-color robot-sounding spirits who tell you everything you already know.
Yeah, she's pretty annoying, but this isnt a topic about what companion you want to strangle. :)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Keese, because they are always annoying. Armos, because they are a pain in the butt. Lizalfos, because they are smarter in this game! And because they like to block all my freakin attacks!! Froaks, because all they do is bounce off you and explode. Beamos, because they stalk you and then end up electrocuting you to death in some situations. Furnix, because they never like to let down their tail for me. Stalfos, Sentrobes, and Staldra, because of the motion controls.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
inb4 the bokoblin are good design

I would seriously vote all of them; in fact, that is what I'm going to do right now, sans a few. However, the single most annoying and absolutely hated enemy in SS, in my honest opinion, would have to be the friggin' Bokoblin. Seriously, it blocks and blocks only. Its attacks are telegraphed like a boss, but this is a terrible thing. It telegraphs its attacks like a novice worse than Link does! Nintendo, never EVER repeat this enemy design. EVER. Enemies =/= stalling. Enemies = killing.

There were quite a few enemies that I didn't like in Skyward Sword.

First of all, the Beamos; it was not that it was difficult per se, but that I could never get the stabbing motion to work in Skyward Sword, and of course, you had to stab the Beamos to finish it off; also, its laser beams were quite irksome, especially after a failed attempt at a stab.

Next in line was the Sentrobe. It bothered me because it was impossible to kill (correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I tried many different methods and none worked) and basically all it did was get in the way. This was especially an annoyance in the Lanayru Mining Facility when you had to do certain things with items and whatnot and the Sentrobe would attack you and you could not attack it back; you could defend yourself, but not kill it.

Furthermore, going with the electric theme (the electric enemies really are annoying), the Technoblin was also an enemy I disliked. Every time you messed up a swing with your sword and missed its weak point you were electrified, which both dealt damage and caused a pause to occur in an already tame battle of waiting for the Technoblin to move its sword so you can attack it.

Additionally, the Skulltulas were incredibly annoying in Skyward Sword. Getting them to flip over was a pain. One profound instance of this was in the Skyview Temple when you had to kill the Skulltulas that hung from the ceiling; you had to essentially slash at them and hope they'd go back to starting position turned around so you could deal them damage, but all the while you were hoping that they didn't swing back and hit you, knocking you off the narrow walkway you stood on. I was stuck in that room for quite a while and it bothered me a lot.

Also, the Quadro Baba was pretty annoying. The Deku Babas already had the right amount of difficult in my opinion, and adding more was just a little too much. Take into account that, as I mentioned before, I thought the sword motions were a bit glitchy at times, so enemies such as the Quadro Baba were a real pain. It's not that they were hard to defeat, but rather that they took too long; there was too much wasted time in the wrong motion causing you to wait for it to open up again, and the fact that it had the pattern of opening either vertically or horizontally at will added to that.

Finally, the Sacred Realm Guardians were irksome to me, as well. I thought they were much more difficult to avoid in contrast to the Phantoms of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks; not that difficulty is a bad thing, but it felt to me that if you weren't under the protection subsequent to obtaining a Tear, it was practically a sure thing that you would be killed by one of the numerous Guardians. I appreciate the difficulty, but just a touch less in that regard would've been nice.

As you can see, I disliked a lot of the enemies in Skyward Sword. There were plenty I liked, but there were probably just as many I didn't. Though despite annoying me every time I ran into them, these annoying enemies didn't take away from the game as a whole too much for me.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
The only enemy I hate coming across are Lizalfos. I always struggle to beat them because no matter what I do they always seem to be able to block me at the last minute.

Beamos before you get the bow. I used up way too many fairies just trying to defeat beamos. They were a pain to slash and then I feel like the thrusting in SS is just off somehow...
Armos because they're just a pain and again, thrusting...
Technoblins because of their stupid electric bats that blocked me and shocked me whenever I tried to hit them...it took a well timed shield bash to knock them off balance before you could get them.
Moblins (iron shield) because they were usually on narrow ledges and having to run up their shield and behind them was a pain.
I actually had very little trouble with Lizalfos.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I liked almost all the enemies in the game. Sure, a few were very annoying at first, and I died 3 or 4 time in Skyview Temple first time around to that freakin' Skulltula hanging from that string like a wrecking ball. But eventually I developed a strategy for dealing with them, and the harder ones became more interesting sword duels.

Except the technoblins, I eternally curse these guys. I've never been able to face them head-on due to their electrified swords, and I always had to find more roundabout ways of killing them.

Which, come to think about it, is the exact same reason why Demise was so hard...

masterSword2

Smile!
The skulltula in Skyview made me rage quit, and subsequently not play SS for the next week-.-. For some reason, I just could not kill them. Eventually, I ended up getting a lucky kill, allowing me to progress. No other enemies death has brought me greater joy:P

Going to have to say the Beamos. I found this enemy to be especially annoying in the Lanayru Sandship, where my wonky Wii remotes cause problems for me. What I am referring to is the pinpoint jabbing motion involved in killing the enemy once and for all; said motion did not register well with my Wii remote. Quite frankly, Skyward Sword's version of this fiend is unarguably the worst in series history...

There was no enemy I really struggled with, but if I had to pick one I had some difficulty with it would be Armos. The first couple of times I had trouble blowing the wind at him and would get trampled.

I loved fighting Lizalfos, Stalfos and The Stalmaster, they took a lot of precision but after practice they were fun to decimate, especially the Lizalfos. I loved tearing them up for making those stupid noises.

My least favorite is the electro bokoblin simply because everytime I attempt to attack they always switch the side they're holding their electric thing on. It zaps me and it just pisses me off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom