• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Annoying Boss

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Maybe it's just me holding a grudge, but I feel like Majora's Mask was pretty annoying. I completed the game without having the Fairy Sword or the Gilded Sword, and I didn't know that getting rid of all my masks would result in anything. I was also too scared to hand over my masks, my mindset was I worked too hard to get them to just cast them away so lightly. I tried fighting Majora's Mask so many times with no luck. I thought he was unbeatable. I'd usually get to Majora's Wrath and die. But the most annoying was always Majora's Incarnation running around so fast, and even taking to the time taunt me with his moon walk (Not gonna lie, it fits him and it looks pretty sweet. He has style for sure)!

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Frazz in spirit tracks has a needlessly large amount of hitpoints. He was even annoying to fight in take ‘em all on when I had 18 hearts. Maybe I just suck at the game
Definitely I was the same way when playing Spirit Tracks too. The real irritating thing about Frazz is that he is the boss of the second dungeon of the game, If anything he should be the second to last dungeon boss of the game.

The jousting blue Knight in Zelda 2. This is mainly because he always maintains a distance from you and is able to just walk off the screen, which forces you to turn back and leave yourself wide open to his attacks.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The jousting blue Knight in Zelda 2. This is mainly because he always maintains a distance from you and is able to just walk off the screen, which forces you to turn back and leave yourself wide open to his attacks.

yeah rebonack can be tough. The trick is to stand as far to the left as possible and jump above as soon as he charges and downstab. He won’t go away if you do that.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Ghirahim (and Demise to some extent). The motion controls made precise movements frustrating to pull off. They're just too finicky to have fun with in an intense situation like a swordfight that demands directional accuracy.

And Bongo Bongo. Straight up one of the most annoying bosses that I've ever fought in a Zelda game. Trying to shoot arrows while being bounced on a stupid drum isn't good design. It's frustrating.

Last edited:
yeah rebonack can be tough. The trick is to stand as far to the left as possible and jump above as soon as he charges and downstab. He won’t go away if you do that.
Correct, but I actually meant the second phase where he gets off and starts shooting beams.

That slime thing in Link's Awakening, because the first time I fought it, I felt like I understood what to do but for some reason it just wouldn't split apart. I was at it for like 10 minutes. Not dying, either. Just literally that same fight for ten minutes. Then I finally died. So I called a friend, and asked them, and they told me to do literally what I'd just spent ten minutes doing. So I went back to it, and it worked no problem. I was angry. Then, weirdly enough, the same exact thing happened in the Switch remake. So, heck that guy.

MW7

The Imprisoned is my least favorite boss in the series. I didn't like it the first time, and the fact that you fight it three times is frustrating.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Oh my god I’ve posted three times in this thread and I just realized that I somehow never mentioned my least favorite boss in gaming: Moldorm.

In every game he’s appeared in he’s at the very least annoying (except Majoras mask and maybe Zelda 1). But LttP takes the cake for being the worst boss ever. I’ve gone at length in my blog as to why I hate him so much, but basically he knocks you back way too far, has too much HP, and is too hard to hit. The worst part of it is that every time he knocks you off his platform his health resets! He’s the reason the tower of hera is one of my least favorite dungeons in the entire series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom