• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Morpheel Theory

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
Ok so today i was thinking about Morpheel, we cant ignore the resemblance in the very name to morpha, the boss from Oot water temple, also am sure you all guys have noticed the physical resemblance between the tentacle on the introduction of morpheel and the tentacle that well... morpha is! so I could have left this resemblance alone and just continue my life.
BUT NO, ITS THEORY TIME!

So first of all I clarify this theory goes right with the OoT->TP timeline theory, clarifying that lets now remember that Morpha was an amoeba, which means even when link beat her on Oot maybe a small part of her amoebish (awesome world in my opinon :) ) body structure could have survived to hide, so time went by and she went growing stronger and stronger.
So many years later the Fused shadow falls on the temple, and oh dear it touches the remains of morpha! as she is a creature from the light she cant control its power and she becomes morpheel! so morpheel might be the very same morpha! lets just hope Link destroyed him/her completely this time :).

So thats my theory, what do you guys think? also this is my first serious theory post on the website, just wanted to mention that haha.

Thanks

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Not a bad idea, but I personally don't think that's the case. Each one of the bosses was either an enemy or another creature (Goron and Yeta) horribly mutated by either a Fused Shadow or a Mirror Shard. Diababa was a simple Deku Baba at once. Argorok was a simple Kargorok. I'm not sure what Morpheel would have been, but I highly doubt Nintendo was intending it to be Morpha. Based off of Morpha, definitely. But the actual Morpha, probably not. Besides, Morpha was an amoeba, while Morpheel was a giant creature that had an eye. Just basing things off of biology, that doesn't seem to be the same thing. That's my take on it.

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
Besides, Morpha was an amoeba, while Morpheel was a giant creature that had an eye. Just basing things off of biology, that doesn't seem to be the same thing. That's my take on it.

Asuuming there has been a long gap between Oot and TP basing it on biology its possible, after all we are all evolutions of unicellular beings such as amoebas

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That's a great theory! And there's always the possibility that it's supposed to resemble the original Morpah and allude to it, like the many reiterations of Gohma throughout the series. We know that Ganon/dorf is the same every time, but it's never been confirmed about other bosses. But the evolution thing or fused shadow strengthening it is also a great idea!

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's most likely just a reference to Morpha, and probably has little to do with Morpha except sharing part of the name. That's a common trend we see among Zelda enemies and bosses, with things like Helmasaur, Helmasaur King, and Helmaroc King; I doubt this is anything different.

From a science perspective, something wouldn't evolve from prokaryote (Morpha) to eukaryote (Morpheel) that quickly. :P

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Wait, didn't the Light Spirits split the fused shadow up during the Hyrulian Civil War? And that was BEFORE Oot took place. So, how would a fused shadow fall onto morpha? For all we know, the water temple in oot and the Lakebed Temple are completely different places, with nothing the same at all.

Well, you're forgetting Morpha was slain in the Adult Timeline, while Morpheel is in the Child Timeline. However, it is possible Morpha had evolved or came into contact with the Fused Shadow since it wasn't killed or anything.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
i think morpheel is the result of a skullfish (the fish that look and act like piranas) touching the fused shadow. it gave midna tentacles, why not a skullfish
i think morpha was destroyed in oot

Ganondork

goo
Ummmm, I do not believe this is the case. At all. Yes, the first form of Morpheel is the same as Morpha, but TP is so similar to OoT, that it's like saying the clawshot was made from the hookshot's old material. It's just not true. The fused shadow was a powerful artifact, and it could probably turn a skullfish into the Morpheel if it wanted to.

Your theory is good, but Zelda doesn't normally use evolution. The only evolution that we know of are the Zora's becoming the Rito's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom