• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mormon AMA/Discussion

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
I have 2 points.

My first is a concern of mine. Mormonism is a level-based cult (to you a religion). The more "inside" you are, the more information you are privy to.
Why are you sharing Mormon information with us when it is against your religions policy to do so?
Unless, the info. is so basic it's okay to reveal what you have revealed?
Actually this is not true at all. I'd like to know where you got this information as it has very little accuracy to it. We very openly share any and all of our beliefs with anyone and everyone. We really have no secrets at all. I was born and raised in the church for almost 15 years now, and never once have i been told something is at all a secret. Neither have my parents, or anyone i know. The only thing we don't openly share is a specific promise we make with God in our temples at age 18 and the reason for not sharing this is because it is sacred to us, not secret.

As for other remarks, i really don't see how you see us as "despicable people." We strongly believe in showing love and compassion to everyone, regardless of race, religion, or anything really. May i repeat again that any remarks of blacks being "less" or "cursed" were only opinions and were later discounted. Also i'll have you remember that at that time in history all of america was very racist and at the start of the church, many people still had slaves, so according to you america was just as evil as you're saying the church is. (and no i'm not taking a shot at america as i am american myself. I love my country and am simply stating the facts about it. America had some rough times where they made some wrong choices, but that was in the past, as with the church.) And about polygami, imagine, just for a second, pretend you were called by God to spread a truth, and you knew it was true. You would want to spread it as best as possible and let other people know of this wonderful thing you've learned. You would do everything in your power to do so. You would follow everything God told you to, without question. He told Joseph smith to use polygami in the church for a very short period of time to help spread and make the church bigger, stronger. able to protect themselves against the thousands who brutally fought their beliefs. Early members of the church were brutally beaten, persecuted, and killed just because they believed something some people didn't agree with. If you think anyone deserves that kind of treatment, honestly i think that is wrong.

I am honestly so surprised at how utterly rude you guys are being. I'm a 14 year old kid for goodness' sake. You're so brutally bashing at my whole life here, with no concern for the fact that maybe, just maybe, you're being highly offensive. I'm not trying to get you to believe, i'm trying to protect something that is so highly important to me. This belief means everything to me, and i'm surprised at how you're treating it. I haven't once called you "evil", or anything like that at all really. If i have offended you in any way i want you to know i really am sorry. I tried hard to be respectful to you, and i wish i was receiving the same treatment.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes it is true, the mormon church has many secrets. I have been a mormom myself in my teenage years and I have seen enough. I respect people who hold on to their religion but to me being a part of that church left some very nasty memories of my childhood.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Gee, I don't agree with the teachings of Mormonism too, but man, show a little respect for the people. I have a feeling one would recieve more respect if they worshiped Satan.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Gee, I don't agree with the teachings of Mormonism too, but man, show a little respect for the people. I have a feeling one would recieve more respect if they worshiped Satan.
To whom are you talking? If you're talking to me you've misread my post because I have nothing against the people who are mormons. I just have nasty experiences myself with the church.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
An official reminder for those involved in this discussion to re-familiarize themselves with the MD rules.

1) Respect Others - This, simply put, means no personal attacks. Disagreeing with the belief itself is okay, arguing against a claim is fine, however insulting the belief or the believer is not. Treat others as you want to be treated, and you ought to be okay.
It's perfectly alright to disagree with someone's beliefs and even argue against them, but it's not alright to label someone as x because they have a certain belief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom