• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda More Temples in the Future of Zelda?

I think they should add sol more' temples in the future games of zelda. It would.be harder, but it would also be more to explore.Do you guys think they should?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Don't get me wrong I love Dungeons as much as the next person, however adding too many dungeons may take away from the gameplay and exploration of the Overworld. If we look at Twilight Princess we seen a good amount of Dungeons, 9 to be exact and these dungeons were in my opinion very consistent some better than others but the thing about TP's Dungeons is that they were particular longer.

I think if future Zelda games decide to add more dungeons which still resemble a quality design there should be a nice balance with the size and exploration in between dungeons to keep things fresh. I think a good alternative would be to add the non-compulsory Dungeons that reward the player's who go out their way and tackle them, this way you please the fans who don't want a Zelda game to be structured around Dungeons and the people who Dungeon/Temple enthusiasts like me.

Last edited:

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Yeah, don't get me wrong either. They should, but not too many. A Link To The Past hold the record for the most dungeons. 14 dungeons, but 13 if you don't count the Palace Of The Four Sword. Maybe in the new games, they should do what they did in Majora's Mask. Have very few dungeons and lots of things to do: lots of places to explore, lots of sidequests, lots of things to collect and trade, etc.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
^^ I think going with MM in terms of side content, exploration, and collectables is a great direction for the next Zelda game, and although I love dungeons, I say a smaller amount is better. You don't want like 15, then the game drags on too much. I know this may still seem like too many to some, but 7 or 8 is a good number. Zelda games traditionally have about that number of places/regions to explore, and one dungeon per region would be good exploration-wise, so you feel like the world is diverse. If Nintendo really wants more in there, then make a separate difficulty setting (hard mode) and add more, or even optional ones.

Too many dungeons would spoil the experience, games like OoT and TP and ALttP became little more than checklists while the narrative progression took a dive until you had completed a set number of them which just got tedious. In fact there are a lot of way Zelda could make dungeons more tedious than just adding more to the game, for example, in Skyward Sword the dungeons with the sacred flames were boring as hell not because of what they were or their designs (even though personally i didn't like their designs either) but it was because we knew what the reward would be, we needed to do three dungeons to forge the master sword, so as a result the first two dungeons just felt like trials because we knew what we were aiming for and knew what awaited us at the end of the third. So if nintendo were going to put even more dungeons in there then they should be careful not to make the rewards something familiar.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'm afraid Zelda could turn into one huge series of dungeons (SS almost went there). The legend of Zelda has done an excellent job of blending overworld with dungeons over the years. It has been one of the best aspects of the entire series, making me and others love these games. Don't disturb the Universe! 10 points to anyone who gets that.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I would love to see more, but I can settle with 9. 9 is the minimum I expect from a Zelda title.

I would love to see more, but I can settle with 9. 9 is the minimum I expect from a Zelda title.

That's basically the way I feel. I wouldn't mind having "a lot" of dungeons, but when we get to fifteen or more fully-fleshed out dungeons, the game can feel like one big grind. That may not necessarily be the case, but the story would have to be sparkling, the gameplay would have to never get stale, and there would have to be a ton of side-content.

What I would really like to see is pretty much the same amount of dungeons we have now - seven to ten - but a bunch of hidden dungeons all over the place to encourage exploration. That way, if players want more bang for their buck when it comes to dungeons, they can have it at their own pace rather than being forced into a bunch of temples that serve little purpose besides dragging out the game's length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom