• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More or Less Serious?

More or less serious?

• More Serious

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Serious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MW7

I tend to prefer the games that are more serious but I think it's just a coincidence (because those games just happen to appeal to me for other reasons). I definitely prefer comedy to drama so I think I'd prefer to see less serious Zelda games in the future. Even Majora's Mask had some less serious moments (like finding fungus on Gormon's boxers or characters' odd responses to certain masks for instance), and I really appreciate the little things put into these games like that.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Personally, I'd Like to see both going forward.

A Light-hearted game would be more vibrant and fun, but can have also have their own serious moments throughout the game.(WW)

A more serious game would emphasize the need to save the day and live up to expectations of hero, it should be balanced with some comic relief to prevent it from getting too tense. (TP)

Both styles have their own advantages/disadvantages and should be left to Nintendo's discretion.
Which style they choose depends on the audience they wish to appeal more to and the feelings they want to evoke in gamers.

R

RetroStalfos

I prefer a balance a both. The light hearted elements add a lovable charm, and make you fall in love with the world and the characters who inhabit it. The dark elements however make you realize how severe the threat to the land is.

But I guess I would like the next game to have a darker tone, since Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword were both light hearted. Lets have a dark one again, like Majora's Mask dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wind Waker was less serious? I'm sorry but I didn't notice while playing through a visually engaging game that includes kidnapping, a heartbroken grandmother having her two loved ones taken from her, the destruction of a forgotten world, periless to stop the destruction of the world, an island being destroyed (with uncalculated losses) and oh, this.

[video=youtube;Z8pDyBktHjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pDyBktHjM[/video]​

Yeah, less serious would be something like, Zelda CDI I think.
We have a ton of serious Zelda games muahaha.

OK! OK! OK! OK! O-K! So, just because games like Twilight Princess are more "realistic" and "serious" does not mean that they provide a challenge. I'll have you know that Twilight Princess is actually one of the EASIEST Zelda Games. Enemies deal very little damage and go down very easily. Just because a Zelda game has a serious style does not mean it will provide more of a challenge. Windwaker provides more of a challenge than Twilight Princess in my opinion. Enemies in Wind waker deal more severe damage and can be more difficult to defeat at some points. Now, I'm not saying that Twilight Princess is completely easy, and I'm not saying that WindWaker extemely hard. Both games (for most Zelda gamers like us) are relitively easy because we have so much experience playing Zelda games. The point I am trying to make is not to flat out say that a game is more challenging just because of it's style and appearence.

WW wasn't that much of a challenge for me, actually either is TP. In my previous post I never actually said it was. I jus simply stated I like a Zelda game to be more serious because its fun to have a challenge. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom