• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors More of a shake up in HW

Hyrule Warriors brought together the worlds of Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time. Arguably these games with their locations and characters are the series elite and hold most of the Zelda fanbase.

However, would you liked to have seen a few more game worlds featured in HW?

For example, I love Wind Waker and we didn't get much content from the Wind Waker at all, granteed its cel-shading style would have looked out of place but i think that would have made it more interesting. We could have had WW playable characters too... Who doesn't wanna see Linebeck dropping a boat on someone?

I'd have liked either Din or Nayru (since Lana didnt turn out to be Nayru) from the Oracle games, or even Veran (she'd have gone well beside Cia, oh the slashfiction...)

So.. was HW enough of a Zelda mash up for you or would you liked to have seen more from the Zelda canon?

I'd say what we got, including the DLCs, is good enough, although I do wish Legend mode was more challenging and longer. The adventurer however does provide lots of contents, to the point even a good amount of people haven't even finished the 1st one yet.

I think it's because since it's the first game, Nintendo and Tecmo Koei wanted to try HW out, see how it goes. If they put too much and the game flops, then it'd be a big waste to have so many Zelda characters in a failed game. Since it's successful, there is a possibility of a second game. Of course, they have to figure out how to tie more worlds together like they did with this game.

MirrorShield

Scrub
Din and Nayru are technically in OoT. They are gods, so they would have been rather OP if not handled correctly, but I'd have liked to see them along with Farore. It'd have been cool.

Din and Nayru are technically in OoT. They are gods, so they would have been rather OP if not handled correctly, but I'd have liked to see them along with Farore. It'd have been cool.
Actually, there's two versions of Din, Nayru, and Farore. The first one is from OoT as you've said, who are 3 goddesses. The second version, which is unrelated to the 3 goddesses, are the Oracles from the Oracles games (OoS & OoA). Din, Nayru, & Farore in those games are Oracle of Seasons, Ages, and Secrets, respectively. Basically, they share the same name but completely different from the 3 goddesses from OoT.

So.. was HW enough of a Zelda mash up for you or would you liked to have seen more from the Zelda canon?
  • No Groose was a tragedy. I think everyone would have loved beating up on mooks as him.
  • No Skull Kid as a separate character didn't bother me but I do think a lot of other people would have wanted this.
  • more 2D Zelda representation. We had Zelda 1 represented all over the game. But nothing from Zelda 2 and not much from Zelda 3. I think this was a really missed opportunity.
    - There could have been a Zelda 2 Link/Link weapon. And it's combos could have been the various spells. shield, reflect, fire, life etc etc. probably not jump though as Link forgot how to jump after Zelda 2.
    Zelda 3 hmmm? HW did have the fire rod. Maybe adding the ice rod in too maybe.
  • I did want to see some actually useful potions. And have the armour badges and heart pieces not being worthless in the game. The sequel game needs to have a different way to award the A Rank other than damage received (or make the armour badges actually work on every single stage).
  • Ages and Seasons cannon would have been nice, fighting through all 4 seasons and different eras. Reminds me of Mystic Heroes. A great very similar game for the Gamecube I liked a lot.

I would have definitely liked to see more WW, ALttP, OoS/A, and ALbW. C'mon Nintendo, give us Ricky the kangaroo as a weapon for Link. Or the flying blue bear.

And they should include the grappling hook from WW. That was an awesome tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom