• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More of a Question Than a Theory

guy

Junior Junior Member
i dont know where ths would go in a topic i just have a question.

in Windwaker that link is close ,if not the same age, as the child link in OoT. in OoT link pulls out the master sword and he's stuck in a coma in the spirit realm for seven years because he wasn't old enough to be hero of time. in windwaker he pulls it out and nithing happens. he doesnt age or anything.

can someone tell me why this is?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Good question.
I suppose this is because the master sword at the time in Wind Waker has completely lost its power to repel evil, making it not the master sword. It was also a seal to keep Ganon from reobtaining his powers. So i suppose that, without its power, the master sword couldn't lock Link away until he was older.

I am not sure were I remember this, or if it is canonical, but this is what I remember. Child OoT Link is 10, MM Link is 12, TWW Link is 14, TP Link is 16, Adult OoT link is 17. I am geusing as the world is in more danger, the requirement lowers because of desperateness. Like in TWW, the world has already been in a flood for a while, so the goddesses are desperate enough to accept a 14 year old. Same for a 16 year old in TP. In OoT, the world was in danger after he pulled the sword so it was 17. Like, for all we know bouth TP and TWW needed atleast an 8 year old. But since OoT hyrule was fine at the time, it was 17.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
i dont know where ths would go in a topic i just have a question.

in Windwaker that link is close ,if not the same age, as the child link in OoT. in OoT link pulls out the master sword and he's stuck in a coma in the spirit realm for seven years because he wasn't old enough to be hero of time. in windwaker he pulls it out and nithing happens. he doesnt age or anything.

can someone tell me why this is?
well first the reason that OOT link was made to stay in the Sacred Realm to age was because he needed to be older in order to defeat the evil.

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
I am not sure were I remember this, or if it is canonical, but this is what I remember. Child OoT Link is 10, MM Link is 12, TWW Link is 14, TP Link is 16, Adult OoT link is 17. I am geusing as the world is in more danger, the requirement lowers because of desperateness. Like in TWW, the world has already been in a flood for a while, so the goddesses are desperate enough to accept a 14 year old. Same for a 16 year old in TP. In OoT, the world was in danger after he pulled the sword so it was 17. Like, for all we know bouth TP and TWW needed atleast an 8 year old. But since OoT hyrule was fine at the time, it was 17.

Link just turned 16 in AoL. I remember at the start of WW, grandma says that on that birthday, he turned the same age as the legendary Hero of Time. So either OoT Young Link is also 12 or WW Link is 10 (I think both are 12 since Nintendo stated in an interview somewhere WW Link's age).

As for why Link didn't go into a coma, who knows? Maybe it was because he wasn't in the Temple of Time. Maybe OoT Link had to be older and more mature before he could go save the world and WW Link had no need. Also OoT Link was the "Hero of Time", whilst WW Link was the "Hero of Winds". And finally, it is just possible that Nintendo makes it up as they go along.

For one, that Link is not the Hero of Time. Also, the Master Sword's location was moved to Hyrule Castle, breaking any ties it had with the Temple of Time. And the fact that it was originally the doorway to the Sacred Realm, adn well there is no point for Link to travel there since the Triforce is already out in the world.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
OoT Link had to be older in order to fulfill the prophecy. There was no prophecy regarding WW Link. Apparently prophecies are just that important in Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom