• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Memories In BOTW??

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
What if Zelda actually kissed link in Botw, but Link doesn’t remember. I think if he has memories about those times in the sequel, and he finds out they loved each other, it would be really cool. That could be what Zelda is talking about when she asks if he remembers her. If he remembers the special times they had together. There is a lot of evidence that Zelda loves link, but not much that link loves Zelda, so maybe he feel a little for her, but then, having those feelings, he remembers having them before, 100 years ago. What do you guys think?

I'm hoping Link is done with regaining his memories, I'd rather the plot be happening in the present.

If there are some memories that are like side content and not necessary for anything then I wouldn't mind that, but I do hope they're not the main source of narrative exposition in BotW2.

As for the relationship between Link and Zelda... I don't think they'll move into any explicitly territory. Nintendo doesn't really care about solidifying relationships in these games.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
While I liked the memories of Breath of the Wild, I don't think it would be wise to utilize the system again in the sequel. I'm down with some more present-tense storytelling, so long as it isn't the intrusive, uninteresting kind that past Zelda games struggled with.

I'd still like Link to talk so that the relationship between him and Zelda feels less artificial (and so Link isn't just staring off into the distance whenever Zelda says something to him), but I don't expect Nintendo to make that jump. Breath of the Wild aside, they still seem a little too stuck in Zelda "tradition" to make that kind of serious change.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I ship Zelink a lot but I like that it's subtle, if it is. I like how no romance in Zelda is spelled out with big letters and hammered into the canon.

As for the memories part, I also hope that the plot is entirely in the present now. Maybe some flashbacks can occur, maybe if we get some more backstory about the Zonai for example, but as for the main plot, I would prefer it to be in the present.

The memories thing specifically wouldn't make as much sense in this one because at the end of the game you get Link back to 100%.

Wouldn't mind them ramping up the history and flashbacks though. Maybe you need to find Impa, Purah, or someone to give you a history lesson on a temple/dungeon. Or maybe Link/Zelda touches an object that makes him see the past or something like that.

What if Zelda actually kissed link in Botw, but Link doesn’t remember. I think if he has memories about those times in the sequel, and he finds out they loved each other, it would be really cool. That could be what Zelda is talking about when she asks if he remembers her. If he remembers the special times they had together. There is a lot of evidence that Zelda loves link, but not much that link loves Zelda, so maybe he feel a little for her, but then, having those feelings, he remembers having them before, 100 years ago. What do you guys think?

Wasn't it Mipha that was romantically or almost romantically involved with Link?? I never go the impression that Zelda and Link were romantically interested in one another. I just thought that they were friends

Long John Spaghetti

It’s all in a name
Wasn't it Mipha that was romantically or almost romantically involved with Link?? I never go the impression that Zelda and Link were romantically interested in one another. I just thought that they were friends

Yeah, Zelda was never really interested in Link, or at least never let it show. Mipha as a love intrest is more interesting, too. (at least in my opinion).

Though, Nintendo still might twist it so that Zelda had/has this secret crush on Link, which would kinda be a forced plot twist.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Yes, Link is always referred to as chosen one. In religious context Link releived himself of worldly pleasures just like Buddha did. I think the memories should be left as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom