• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Mario?

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
I just went on the Nintendo 3DS eShop and I saw in the 3DS trailers that there are a lot of new games, and three of them all are for the Mario franchise.
I, being the uber Zelda-fanatic I am, would give almost anything to get my gaming hands on the newest Zelda. And if it came out on the new WiiU, I'd buy the console souly on the Zelda game I'd buy with it.

The new Mario games are:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I am especially interested in the new Paper Mario title for the 3DS. I've been playing the original Paper Mario lately and I'm anxious for Sticker Star's release. I watched its trailer and I was amazed.

I, honestly, don't really care that they're making another Luigi's Mansion. i never played the Gamecube original, so I'm not to excited.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 looks fun. Much like the original DS title and the Wii titles, this game is a side-scrolling game. The trailer, which I also downloaded, gave me a just example of what the game holds, and honestly, I'm kind of indifferent about it. This game looks the same as the Wii and DS games, but has added items and other things. I'm happy about it, but the cheesy title kind of numbed down the excitement a bit :lol:

Even though no new Zelda titles were announced :(, im still thrilled about 2012's gaming releases.

Thanks for reading :)

I am a horrible Mario fanboy and considering the Italian plumber who found himself in a Japanese platforming game is my homey, I will definitely be purchasing all of the titles you mentioned somewhere down the line. New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon receive priority though as the Wii U launch looms later this year during the lucrative holiday season.

Seeing as how you left the OP broad and open, I see no reason to not turn this thread into whatever I want to which will be a trailer analysis for the two aforementioned games my body is ready for.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 features the Golden Fireflower which turns everything into gold at the shot of a blast. Star coins returns once more as do the Koopalings confirmed by a screenshot of Roy Koopa. Another welcome boss return is the fortress boss from Super Mario World-Reznor. The developers also revealed that a secondary quest in addition to rescuing Princess Peach will be collection 1 million coins. Also, a new mode allows you to exchange Streetpass data with people you pass and download data in an attempt to collect the most coins over three levels. Morevoer, two player cooperative play is confirmed.

I've still never played the original Luigi's Mansion but seriously need to prior to the release of the sequel especially if I want to nab that trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee-one of my favorite games of all time. As many have noticed, the "2" was changed to a "Dark Moon" subtitle. Perhaps Nintendo is saving a true sequel for the Wii U? The trailer was great and knowing there are three mansions to explore will increase the game's value.

I'm still looking forward to Paper Mario : Sticker Star of course but I'll save my golden coins for that next year. I always seem to be late in purchasing Mario RPGs. For example, I bought Bowser's Inside Story as late as the summer of 2010. Oh well. While we're at it, New Super Mario Bros. U looks awesome as well and the Squirrel Suit is so cute. Hopefully the ability to make platforms and stun enemies doesn't dumb it down though. Miiverse integration and the larger scrolling world maps pump me up as well.

I am entirely looking forward to all of these games, luigis mansion is a really underrated "Survival" game that i felt was turned away by many for the idea of it too quickly(similar to mario sunshine). Always loved paper mario quick RPG style, and honestly who can get enough of the platforming games? No one!

Damn, I still need to get a 3DS and Super Mario 3D Land. I'll definitely be getting New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. As for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I may or may not get that. I haven't beaten Luigi's Mansion nor do I care too much about trying to complete it at this point.

A_LINK_IN_TIME said:
While we're at it, New Super Mario Bros. U looks awesome as well and the Squirrel Suit is so cute. Hopefully the ability to make platforms and stun enemies doesn't dumb it down though. Miiverse integration and the larger scrolling world maps pump me up as well.
Wat. I'm so behind in my Mario that I didn't even know of New Super Mario Bros. 2 or U until now. I might want to catch up =u=

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I think Nintendo thinks that people like Mario too much. Link needs to be the new face of Nintendo.

But, I am really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Does anybody know if that will be released on Wii U also?

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I'm a huge Mario fan and I'm really looking forward to pretty much everything they announced, especially New Super Mario Bros 2 and U!

But, I am really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Does anybody know if that will be released on Wii U also?

No, it won't. Just for the 3DS

Fig

The Altruist
I'm a huge Mario fan and I'm really looking forward to pretty much everything they announced, especially New Super Mario Bros 2 and U!

No, it won't. Just for the 3DS
I am also a hardcore Mario and I own every Mario game! I can't wait for Paper Mario Sticker Star, NSMBU, and NSMB2.

My mouth dropped when I saw so many gold coins at one time on one screen. o_O

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
im a huge mario fan,but i'd have to admit,i think its time to give the man a break and embrace a few other franchises like star fox or f-zero...or even MOTHER
it doesn't matter though,if a new mario game's coming out i'll buy it anyway,especially luigis mansion 2......if i had a 3ds

I love Mario too, but I think they need to try expanding a little on their other ones. They could even be a bit crazy and start a new one haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom