• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Difficult: OoT or MM?

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
I agree that OoT is not very challangeing. I can not play OoT as much anymore so maybe if I did play it as much as I play alttp.. I might be tired of it.

But alttp is really my favorite favorite game of all of them ^^
Well some parts were hard. Like the water temple. Or when you need this certain item and you have to do all these mini things that are timed. Wait it is for the Biggoron Sword.

Nothing was hard about OoT, not even the Water Temple. As long as you don't miss the key in the center of the temple under the block then its a breeze, otherwise I can understand the diffeculty there.

Majoras Mask wasn't hard either, just a big pain in the @ss. Stone Tower was a bit complicated on the first run, as it was definetly confusing, but other than that the game was a breeze. The time limit really pissed me off because it slowed down the progression of the game, but did allow for more side quest puzzle diffeculty.

I guess if I had to choose one, MM was a bit tougher than OoT was, but OoT I think was more memorable.

S

SethOmega

MM
I could never beat the Stone Tower Temple... not even with cheats.....
Darn you, Majora.....

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
Well MM is definetly harder, but Oot is much longer. Though in MM I only had trouble with the time limit ONCE in the 3rd (water) dungeon. If you play the inverted song of time it makes it much easier.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
hmm this won't take long to figure out, ummm... MM definetly.In MM you have to change masks constantly just to beat the temples, it does get very annoying during Woodfall temple(which I just beat) and probably all the other temples too_One of the most annoying things is the moon, and majora(I'm trying to talk about the 3 day limit if you don't understand me) at first I thought this game would be easy as pie, then after awhile I kept on dieing because of the annoying moon, then I found out about the reverse song of time.OoT well you had no limit to play and you could wonder freely all over hyrule without having to worry about the moon.I liked the idea's of the mask, I really like them, escpecially the Goron mask.I just loved to roll around.Also in OoT there were some challenging temples *cough*water temple*cough*.There were only 4 temples making MM a bit easier, though it all comes down to MM the hardest of them all.

Majoras Mask, no doubt. You only have three days to beat the game, the dungeons are more difficult. Theres a lot of masks to find. and a huge amount of heart peices. I havent beat it yet, but right now its harder than Ocarina of Time.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Majora's Mask Opinion

I keep hearing People say Ocarina Of time is harder and longer. But in my opinion Majora's mask is harder and longer.

The reason are beacause the side quest and getting ready for temples are hard.The temples were pretty easy but the outside is Hard.

Does anyone agree. This has just been on my mind for a while so I just wanna know.o_O

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'm playing MM at the moment. I have currently just beat the first temple. It has already been alot harder than OoT ever was, and I got to the adult water temple in that. That's 5 temples further, and ALOT easier. Actually getting to the temples is a challenge in it's self. I was also surprised and shocked to see that the time still passes in the temple, so you better hope you uncovered that owl statue in clock town. OoT never challenged me, MM is already possibly the hardest Zelda I have played.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
I got really addicted to this game. I beat it one week but I played and barely got any sleep. I also went kinda mad I scared my friends one day.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Still my favorite zelda! it's so in-depth, 100% is like becoming the deity of termina... fierce deity that is. all those side quests make my head spin especially the fact that some of these side quests have alternate rewards or multiple ways to complete. Like Cremia's milk delivery side quest where it is possible to receive a big hug from Cremia <3
and that guy stuck in the toilet that only comes out at midnight hahaaha ya anyway u can choose to give him a land deed title or a letter that you are supposed to mail, like anju's love letter because you just don't care and want that heartpiece!!!
leading up to the dungeons there is always a little work to do and most of the time it takes a few days to get this done.
Also the fact that counterparts from OoT live in this parallel world give us a deeper look into the thoughts and dreams of OoT's cast of characters. Giving OoT a new sense of replay value... for instance seeing sakon the thief prance around hyrule market suddenly unnerves me... and the happy mask sales man becomes somewhat of an enigma.
all in all i thought the game was a very solid addition to the zelda series and i hope we see more games like this one in the future.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
MM is Harder,more confusing and has more side quest than any other zelda game.
Although Getting all the mask are the fun.I beat it and have all 24 mask. But even though I beat it I started over and It got hard again.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
I would have to say that MM is a harder game just by its re-occurring situations. But nothing has made me soo annoyed than the Water Temple in OoT.

Overall they are both VERY good games

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Both were decently hard games, so I'm not quite sure. I guess I'm going to go both ways.

Thought I finished my post... didn't you? Well, not yet. :P

OCARINA OF TIME:
Below are my thoughts on the difficulty of various things in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

DUNGEONS
The dungeons in Ocarina of Time were really fun and enjoyable. There was a good amount of dungeons that I think made the game very good. The certain dungeon I hated the most was the Water Temple, it was really frustrating running around the dungeon searching for keys, mini bosses, secrets, and new rooms. I think everybody hated finding all the keys. Eventually, I got tired of finding keys, so I everytime I went into a room that led more than one way, I'd look EVERYWHERE before going through a locked door again, just in case I need a key. The Water Temple frustrating as it was, had a boss that was far too easy compared to the others. The other dungeons and temples were pretty cool, and moderatly difficult enough for my taste.

SIDEQUESTS
There were just a few side quests in the game, and one I still haven't been bothered enough to complete, which was the Poe Quest. Anyway, both of the other sidequests, the mask trading one, and the Biggoron Sword one were both fun and difficult, but the Biggoron Sword one was impossible to recieve unless you had Epona, which was a little disappointing. It was interesting how there was a certain special sidequest for both the past and future Link to do in his spare time. Even though they were optional, they were really fun, and I always do the Epona Sidequest and Biggoron's Sword quest whenever I can. (Unless I'm doing a special run). It was also quite interesting to know you could get the Biggoron's Sword before even entering the Forest Temple too. (Thanks Kazumi ;))

STORY
When I say "Story", I pretty much mean everything that required you to continue in the game, but wasn't a dungeon. Anyway, the game was pretty good for difficulty, but using a joystick that was pretty much ruined was too hard to beat the game like that. Other things like saving the Carpenters to continue in the game was really fun too, and it took me a while to find the last one. (Was he hiding from me or something? :P) Though this game was too hard with a ruined joystick, everything in this was moderately difficult, and fun too, I liked how it wasn't dungeon over dungeon till the final boss, and how it had an interesting story that led to things that were sometimes even hard.

MAJORA'S MASK:
This is what I think of Majora's Mask in difficulty.

DUNGEONS
Even though there were only 4 dungeons in this game, I really enjoyed doing all of the fun puzzles, and one of my friends eventually asked me to do them for him because he was having loads of trouble. He really only likes riding Epona. :dry: The dungeons were really unique too, and I loved the whole Stone Tower, it was one of my favorite dungeons in the entire series, and it was in Ikana, my favorite area in Majora's Mask, too. The dungeons had cool bosses that were pretty darn fun, and extra goodies to make you use your head and solve strange puzzles. It was cool how you had to use a brazier to light your arrow in the Snowhead Temple, which was quite creative and smart, yet also tricky. I really liked the temples and their difficulty in Majora's Mask

SIDEQUESTS
Wow! I can't say anything but: Majora's Mask had a LOT of sidequests throughout the entire game. Each was unique in it's own way, and some were challenging but tricky. My favorite sidequest was the "They" one, where you rode around the ranch in darkness firing arrows whilst riding upon Epona. It was extremely fun, and funny if you lost, because you saw a very hilarious cutscene, in which the ranch girl is taken by the aliens. There was also many other challenging and fun sidequests that made the game unqiue and interesting and kept the story alive. Another one of my favorites was Reuniting Kafei and Anju, which I found romantic and fantastic. It was so sad in the end how they told you they were going to wait to die together.

STORY
Like Ocarina of Time, I mean this by the overall story quests like things before a temple. Like sneaking past the Deku guards and saving Ikana. Collecting the Mirror Shield was amazingly fun but also quite creepy how you had to go around giving items to the ReDead. Some parts were difficult on the first attempt. It was exciting and amusing to help everybody, but also know that it will only last until you use the Song of Time, which was annoying, because you lost your side quest items, plus arrows, bombs, and other things. So, every time I used the Song of Time, I'd then use the Inverted one to Slow down time, then grab a secret 100 rupee in Clock Town, then buy my things that I lost back. Quite annoying, but I luckily found a way around it. Really good difficulty.

To me, they're even. I think they're both moderately difficult, and good for my taste. Thanks for reading. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom