• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Monster's Inc/Sandship/What?

The Tentalus!

Making my way through the ship, being bombarded by tentacles, hacking, slashing my way through, climbing up steep hills as the ship is ripped apart and is sinking until.. I make it outside... and the boss reveals itself.

So seriously, is this MEANT to be a reference to Monster's Inc, or not? It looks to me like Mike Wasowski and his girlfriend Celia had a child.. that ended up being extremely large.

Did anyone else think this? I can't be the only one.

Last edited:

MW7

I didn't think that when I played through the game. However, you are definitely on to something because I could tell exactly what this topic would be about from the title. There is no denying a similarity.

I at first found the beginning of the 'battle' great. It finally was something different than: entering chamber -> door closes -> boss reveals himself.
But when I saw this monster, I had a wtf?-moment. I expected something like the Kraken from Pirates :p

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I thought the design of this particular boss was disappointing... I mean there you are, running for your life, hacking at tentacles, trying to make your way up the ship so you don't drown, and the boss looks like something only a four-year-old would be intimidated by... "What the hell?" Was my first reaction.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Ha ha well I did not see that when I first saw it. Monster Inc being one of my favorite childhood movies I am ashamed I did not see that. It has a lot of resemblance. Of course Nintendo did not do this on purpose. Or did they?

I thought the design of this particular boss was disappointing... I mean there you are, running for your life, hacking at tentacles, trying to make your way up the ship so you don't drown, and the boss looks like something only a four-year-old would be intimidated by... "What the hell?" Was my first reaction.

I agree. It seemed really out of place.

The Tentalus!

Making my way through the ship, being bombarded by tentacles, hacking, slashing my way through, climbing up steep hills as the ship is ripped apart and is sinking until.. I make it outside... and the boss reveals itself.

So seriously, is this MEANT to be a reference to Monster's Inc, or not? It looks to me like Mike Wasowski and his girlfriend Celia had a child.. that ended up being extremely large.

XD I could not agree more. It was an awesome boss, sure, but it seemed as though it was copypasta'd straight out of the concept stages of supposed Monster's Inc. sequel right into Skyward Sword.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I at first found the beginning of the 'battle' great. It finally was something different than: entering chamber -> door closes -> boss reveals himself.
But when I saw this monster, I had a wtf?-moment. I expected something like the Kraken from Pirates :p

Yeah, I like how the game in general breaks away from series traditions so often (sometimes more subtly than others). This fight was a highlight for me, in any case, since fighting while there was a storm felt pretty... *sigh* I hate using this word, epic.

I don't really mind that it looked like Mike Wasowski though, I actually like the design because of how unusual it is. Well, that and Monster's Inc. is awesome! =D

Last edited:
It didn't occur to me that it looked like the monster from that movie but it did occur to me that it looked... weird, and not all that creepy.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Absolutely what I thought. Perhaps it is their child. I don't know if it is a reference to monsters inc or not but I would say so since the design of this monster does not fit in with anything from the rest of the game.

Tentalus first reminded me of Phytops from Spirit Tracks. Both have big heads, one eye, and bad hairdo. The boss fight even resemble one and other. In Spirit Tracks, you had to climb your way up to the top to fight Phytops while avoiding his goo and vines. In Skyward Sword, you had to get out of the Sandship and avoid his tentacles to confront him in the open. Though with the Monster Inc comparison, I do see the resemblances between Tentalus and a monster worker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom