• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Sanctuary

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Monster Sanctuary just released today on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. It's a crossover of Metroidvania games with Monster tamer games like pokemon. The way this works, each monster has an exploration ability that they can use in the overworld to effect the world, uncover secrets, and solve puzzles. Then when you touch a monster in the overworld combat switches into, usually, a 3 on 3 rpg fight similar to monster tamer games.

Each monster has it's own skill tree with different abilities and passive buffs and the game gives you plenty of ways to reset your monster's skills to experiment with different builds. Additionally each monster can be equipped with items like you would characters in a normal RPG game. You get new monsters by doing well in combat. At the end of the fight, instead of trying to catch the monster, there's a chance you get an egg for the monster in your item drops. Hatched eggs of the new monster start at a level close to your party level so you never have to grind new monsters much to integrate them into your party.

There's a lot going on with this game and if anyone here wants to discuss it, I want to have this thread here. OH and my name appears in the credits so that's pretty cool. I was a tester for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom