• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Monster Hunter World

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Eyyyy! Eyyyyy!

Eyyy!

Ayyyyyyyy!!

AAAAY- aherm, okay, yeah, so World looks pretty cool and if you're too lazy to watch the video(s) it's gonna be available on PS4, Xbox One, and eventually PC. I just hope this doesn't mark a shift away from Nintendo systems for the series, because that would make me sad. I think Nintendo has treated the series really well, and while I'm glad to see that the series will be reaching out to a wider audience, it also feels somewhat foreboding to me.

No news yet of a western release for XX, but it's certainly still on the table (at least I hope it is).

EDIT: If you're a true fan you'll get it, @Azure Sage!

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Not getting it: sorry.

I even have a good PC to play it on. I'm not getting it. MH belongs on handhelds, through and through. And **** Capcom for not localizing XX on Switch.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It doesn't look like it has the same charm as the other Monster Hunter games, tbh. Now it just looks like any other gritty action game on the PS4 or Xbox. I'm trying to be positive about it, but at least when Zelda went open world, it kept its charm. I'm not gonna get it no matter what, anyway.

Ive tried with Monster Hubter so many times... however this looks quite different so i'll be keeping an eye on it.

Makin it open world may mean they end up takin all the bits i dont like about it out. I'll wait to see how it plays though because i've never liked how clunky the gameplay feels in the other games.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I hope to see a demo coming out. Watching Monster Hunter gameplay never impressed me. They released a demo for 3U, 4U, and Gen.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction

Another 23 minutes of gameplay, this time in English. Gotta say, not too impressed with the voice acting, but you can turn it off apparently.
I really hope you can turn the prompts off though, because holy ****.

I hope to see a demo coming out. Watching Monster Hunter gameplay never impressed me. They released a demo for 3U, 4U, and Gen.
A demo would be appreciated. They can show off as much gameplay as they want, but I don't think we'll get a real feel for the game until we're able to get our hands on it ourselves.

It doesn't look like it has the same charm as the other Monster Hunter games, tbh. Now it just looks like any other gritty action game on the PS4 or Xbox.
But it really doesn't. It just has less saturated colors and somewhat more "realistic" graphics. Nothing else seems to indicate a tonal shift. I may be proven wrong later on, but for now it doesn't look any grittier than early Monster Hunter titles.

Kylo Ken

"... the Light Bowgun and the Hunting Horn are support focused weapons."
@Kylo Ken

You've misquoted me. Sure, they're great if you wanna support, but you were the one saying they are support based. I was the one that proved you wrong with the numbers. How the LBG can put up massive damage. Remember? It was in the SB a few weeks ago.

I may have felt that they were support weapons a few years ago, but I definitely feel they can dish out massive damage now.

Mother ****er.

Last edited:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
You've misquoted me. Sure, they're great if you wanna support, but you were the one saying they are support based. I was the one that proved you wrong with the numbers. How the LBG can put up massive damage. Remember? It was in the SB a few weeks ago.

I may have felt that they were support weapons a few years ago, but I definitely feel they can dish out massive damage now.

I mean, yeah, I never denied they can deal a lot of damage, but they are predominantly the support weapons of Monster Hunter. And you didn't prove anything actually, uuhhh.

AlsoSwordAndShieldmorelikeSwordAnd****.

Kylo Ken

I mean, yeah, I never denied they can deal a lot of damage, but they are predominantly the support weapons of Monster Hunter. And you didn't prove anything actually, uuhhh.

AlsoSwordAndShieldmorelikeSwordAnd****.

I did the math right to you proving it. How could you deny that. You are even like, "Stop you're making me want to play lbg"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom