• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Tri

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I tried rathalos again the other day, but ran out of time. i broke his face, wings and cut his tail off but he still didn't limp off. iv'e beaten him online but I need help for him offline.
(Finally got Tenebrea :P)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I purchased the game and played it for awhile. The cinemas are excellent, and the story could be good, but I really don't like the game itself at all. It's just too complicated and has too many different things going on at once. And that's just in the beginning. I shudder to think what it's like at later levels.

Chances are it's going to sit on my shelf and not be played much at all, especially since I have so many better games that I want to play first. It's a shame, because it looked like it had a lot of potential. It just wasn't my taste at all.

Austin

Austin
I purchased the game and played it for awhile. The cinemas are excellent, and the story could be good, but I really don't like the game itself at all. It's just too complicated and has too many different things going on at once. And that's just in the beginning. I shudder to think what it's like at later levels.

Chances are it's going to sit on my shelf and not be played much at all, especially since I have so many better games that I want to play first. It's a shame, because it looked like it had a lot of potential. It just wasn't my taste at all.

This game is not a story line game, but it is still good (like Mario). This game has a fairly big learning curve. Learning how the armor and weapons work takes time, but once learned its worth it. You also have to learn the various monster personalities. This deals more with the monster class (Great Jaggi, Rathian, Rathalos, etc). Each monster fight is fairly unique. I've fought Rathians that would never give up fightning, and Rathians that would run all the time. Once you fight a fair amount, you learn enough to beat them well. The non-online mode takes a good time (which is a plus in my opinion), and then there is an online mode that is fairly fun. Its not MMO fun, but for a free online game it does a fair job. The monsters are totally different online. They are harder, have different personalities, and give different items.

At first glance this game looks a simple button smashing game, but its not. Every thing is about hunting. One of the my favorite is the sounds. There isn't a lot of music with this game, but you don't want music. The sounds you hear in the background give you an idea of what monsters are there. If you hear a loud roar, you might have to fight a Rathian or a Rathalos. My final point is this is a game that isn't about storyline, but hunting and stategy. Its one of my faves! I anticipate Monster Hunter MMO for the 360!

I purchased the game in April and have absolutely loved it. I have yet to run out of things to do as a set goals for myself such as getting a certain armor set and getting gems to customize its skills. I am Rank50 and have been stuck on The final boss (online) for a month (less so to do with its difficulty, and moreso to do with the fact that I have trouble finding people online willing to let me do the quest).

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yeah, i think the barrioth is one of the harder boss monsters. Even though its attacks don't do very much, it is VERY fast. the stratergy i used to beat it, was avoid most of its attacks, and when it wares its self out, attack. Try and do subquest A because subquest B is pitfall trap it, and you get the trap in the blue box. i used a poison great sword (Seigland) made from some not so rare rathian stuff (besides the plate) and i think that helped. Any way i need some help on Ratholos, prferably with a great sword, but i can use SnS and long sword. (i got thunder ones for all three of them)

I tried rathalos again the other day, but ran out of time. i broke his face, wings and cut his tail off but he still didn't limp off. iv'e beaten him online but I need help for him offline.
(Finally got Tenebrea :P)

I know rathalos can be a pain sometimes, but i don't get it why you having trouble with is.
You want GS tips right? then the best choice right now for you would be "ancient blade" because of the dragon element. Rathalos/Rathian is weak against that. Don 't know if u got that, since you have to be a little lucky to mine it. Second best choice would be thunder element.

Armor would be, either Lagia or Ignot. Both are weak against fire, but you can fix that with armor skills.
Ignot has windproof, so wind effects of flying monsters does not work on you. And since rathalos flies alot, its a handy skill.

Do not attack him from the front (especialy when its flying), because of the fireballs. Attack from the side or behind. You can go for the legs, if he's on the ground, you may trip it.
He will blast fireballs mostly after it roars, finished an attack, flies ect...

When he attacks from high above the ground, ( 3x fireballs or it tries to poison you) throw a flash bomb in the direction of its face after its done with the attack. It will fall from the sky giving you the chance to deliver some good damage.

Still not enough?

The good old, trap+bomb to weaken it.

Bouncing bombs, if its flying. It may fall from the sky.

Use demondrug/mega demordrug, to boost your attack. it will stay in effect in the entire quest, unless you die.

Use cha-cha as bait. Equip a dance where it has "taunt" in it. Use acorn or ancient mask. Equip the dragon attack and element attack up.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I know rathalos can be a pain sometimes, but i don't get it why you having trouble with is.
You want GS tips right? then the best choice right now for you would be "ancient blade" because of the dragon element. Rathalos/Rathian is weak against that. Don 't know if u got that, since you have to be a little lucky to mine it. Second best choice would be thunder element.

Armor would be, either Lagia or Ignot. Both are weak against fire, but you can fix that with armor skills.
Ignot has windproof, so wind effects of flying monsters does not work on you. And since rathalos flies alot, its a handy skill.

Do not attack him from the front (especialy when its flying), because of the fireballs. Attack from the side or behind. You can go for the legs, if he's on the ground, you may trip it.
He will blast fireballs mostly after it roars, finished an attack, flies ect...

When he attacks from high above the ground, ( 3x fireballs or it tries to poison you) throw a flash bomb in the direction of its face after its done with the attack. It will fall from the sky giving you the chance to deliver some good damage.

Still not enough?

The good old, trap+bomb to weaken it.

Bouncing bombs, if its flying. It may fall from the sky.

Use demondrug/mega demordrug, to boost your attack. it will stay in effect in the entire quest, unless you die.

Use cha-cha as bait. Equip a dance where it has "taunt" in it. Use acorn or ancient mask. Equip the dragon attack and element attack up.

Thanks, i'll try it soon and i'll tell you how i do. I'm only low rank, so ill try to get the rustshard greatsword. Anyway, thanks again for the tips! BTW do you have any idea how to get fearsome maws? i need some for the armour, weapon upgrades and my bowgun. Thanks

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Thanks, i'll try it soon and i'll tell you how i do. I'm only low rank, so ill try to get the rustshard greatsword. Anyway, thanks again for the tips! BTW do you have any idea how to get fearsome maws? i need some for the armour, weapon upgrades and my bowgun. Thanks

You get them from Gigginox. Its a wound reward so break its face and body.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I now have the Escadora, Helio+ and Yamato+ armor. My favorite weapon is Reaver: CALAMITY. I've had those for months now, but I haven't been on Monster Hunter in three months ( D*** punishment ;_; ). Hey, we should all arrange a date where we meet online and hunt together. anyone up for that? IT WOULD BE BEAST!!!!

Last edited:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I now have the Escadora, Helio+ and Yamato+ armor. My favorite weapon is Reaver: CRUELITY. I've had those for months now, but I haven't been on Monster Hunter in three months ( D*** punishment ;_; ). Hey, we should all arrange a date where we meet online and hunt together. anyone up for that? IT WOULD BE BEAST!!!!

I also stopped playing it for a while, since i got 20 equipment sets (maybe i will make a list later). Before i noticed i already was HR 198.
I would like to hunt together, but thats not possible. I live in Europe and as you know, the server of MH3 is split into three seperate servers.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I killed Cedeus first try with full barroth (Weak:() gemed for Attack up large, with a bunch of might seeds and pills and with Blitzkrieg (r).
In total that's over 1100 attack!

I'm just wondering what happens when you finish the 5* urgent quest offline?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
You unlock a load of urgent quests (kind of 6*) like double diablos, mating season, repel or kill ceadus, death of the sea and sky, agnaktor and uragaan and two barioth.

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
I think it's excellent. The graphics are breathtaking, and it fun killing carnivore after carnivore. I just wish it had a more convenient saving feature (despite the fact that it's quite amusing seeing your hunter take a one second nap.) Probably my favorite part of the game so far though, is the meat eating animation. ^^

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
You can save at any time. Just go to your menu, press Quit, then it'll ask you if you'd like to save. That way you can do it anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom