• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Tri

S

Stilt-Man

The capture Quero... Que... Quiggy... GAH! The capture Q. Diddy quest was the hardest one for me. I won't say why, because I don't want to spoil anything. Needless to say, I nearly crapped myself... which was a good thing, actually...

Good luck, pal!

I haven't got it yet. A friend of mine has it, and seems like he's enjoying. But from What I heard from it, I'm a little afraid It would be too hard for me.

S

Stilt-Man

I haven't got it yet. A friend of mine has it, and seems like he's enjoying. But from What I heard from it, I'm a little afraid It would be too hard for me.

I thought the same thing, myself, and while it's challenging (definitely not the sort of game I typically play), it's a lot of fun. Perhaps you could borrow your friend's copy, or rent it to see if you like it. If you do, play it thru to the Great Jaggi quest -- that should be enough to know whether or not you like it.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Aultimaespada, this IS, by far, the Hardest game I've ever played. But, its SO fun that it makes up for its extremely high difficulty.
Also, I've just killed the Royal Ludroth and am at the Barroth Killing Quest (finally ;P). Where are you at Stilt-Man?

S

Stilt-Man

I'm stuck on the Barroth quest. Granted, I haven't had a whole lot of time to play. Even so, I've gone thru it three times, and failed it each time (ran out of time). He moves around a lot, and it's hard to get a good shot in. When he's not moving, he's shaking mud at me, or/and swinging his head/tail. I've managed to sever his tail and crush his head-plate, though, as well as get him limping.

Perhaps if I abandoned patient strategy, and just started rushing in; smacking him around with my hammer, and quaffing potions as needed, I'd succeed.

I'll get it. ;-)

What did you think of the Qurupeco quest? Were you surprised? Congrats on all the progress you made -- I'm glad to know you're enjoying the game!

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Yeah, the Barroth took me four tries, but I had a sword with 167 attack (I think) when I faced him! And thanks, glad to know your enjoying the game too. The Quercepeco Quest was surprisingly easy for me. Beat him on my second try.
But now I'm a dead man. I'm on my first Level 5 Mission and its to fell a Lagicarius. I've fought it twice. First time it killed me (I only had ten herbs with me. Big mistake). The next try I had it limping but ran out of time. It jumped into the water before I could capture it (killing it seems harder). This time, I have ten herbs, ten potions, twenty mega potions, a max potion, both types of traps, an attack 196 sword (have to go online alot for a better one ;_; ), some demon drug, a flash bomb, tranquilizer bombs and some whetstones. Wish me luck!
Oh, and advice for th Barroth: Use a sword, long sword, switch axe, great sword or hammer. Mele weapons are the only way to go. You have to hit him near the underside of his body to ignore his armor, and with mele weapons you can hurt him while shattering his armor. And when your paintballs have run out and he burrows underground, watch carefully, puffs of smokes will come from the ground in the direction of the exit to another area area that he's facing. Hope it helps!

Austin

Austin
Monster Hunter Tri Thread

I'm curious to know who here has Monster Hunter Tri for the Nintendo Wii? I got this game a while back, but I've accumulated 80+ hours with lots more in the future. This game has been my first Monster Hunter game, and has me hooked!

I'm also curious to those who may want to get the game, but are unsure. What questions do you have about the game? Feel free to ask any questions. If you have the game, you can ask it here too because I've done a lot of research and know a lot about the game.

I also want to reserve this thread for online play. It'll be fun to play with some people online from here. My Monster Hunter Tri name is jacer. I'also update this thread with other user MH3 names.

Austin

Austin
Well, Cooldogs, I was wondering. What kind of gameplay does it have? And what of the plot? What's the general outline for the plot? And is the music good?

It's not the typical off the mill RPG game. Almost all RPG games you have EXP points and levels. Kill 100's of baddies to get EXP and level up! MH3 has none of that really! You don't get any EXP or levels from fighting baddies! However, you do get items/materials which you can build new armor and weapons. This is how you get stronger and progress through the game. Along side the armor/weapons you can get skills that help with your stats. You do get some basic stats which are influenced by the weapons/armor and the skills. I won't get all into detail as it sort of difficult to explain without you have plaid the game.

There really isn't a plot to the game. They have basic storyline, but MH3 isn't a game where you follow a story line. Its more of a game where you just fight big monsters! The thrill you feel when you beat the dungeon and get to the boss, that is what MH3 is all about! There isn't really dungeons, but there are maps/areas, and you get the thrill of fighting that "boss".

I also want to add that this game is very complicated, but the fun kind! The more you learn and know, the funner it gets! When you learn a lot, and start getting good, you get a big advantage fighting monsters. However, further you get, the more you need to know to do well. Basic knowledge and skills will help you for the beginning, but not the end. The best part of all this that it all goes online! The online gets more in depth with weapons/armor and monster hunting! So much further!

You don't really want to have heavy music, as the surrounding sounds give you information! You hear different monster calls, and the game is even nice enough to give special sound effects when you reach dangerous monsters. Like I said, its not the typical RPG you find.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it, but I found it to be extremely boring. All of my friends love it though, so it must be a great game, just not my style.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Yeah, its one of my top three favorite games ever, along with Twilight Princess and Arkham Asylum.
I've already beaten storymode and I'm level41 online.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Beaten all quest offline.
As for Online, I'm HR 60 right now. For those in Europe, i go by the name "Xtreme", so add me if u need help with your urgents.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I just beat the last offline quest!
Whoo hoo!
My online name's Mike (nostalgicaly simple) and I'll get my character number when I'm online again. Sadly my Internet was canceled and won't be back online for two weeks.
I'm HR 44 and am the leader of the White-Soul Society (NOT RACIST).

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I've played and beat everything in this game Online/Offline was to the point of just HR Grinding. I made it to HR 162 before I was getting tired of it. It gets repetitive after a while. My advice is to find a good clan and experiment with new monster hunting strategies to save yourself from getting bored. I was a SwitchAxe and Hammer user. My favorite weapons. I ended up selling the game to Gamestop to put it towards Skyward Sword lol. A word of advice to newcomers in this game? Play Online first (after a few hours of offline) and just level up in that because your Online +Armor and weapons carry over to offline play therefore you can beat your offline quests with ease and speed.

Does anybody here (located in North America) still play online? I haven't played in a month or two but I'm looking to get back into it. My Hunter Rank is 39.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom