• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter: The Motion Picture

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Just saw a poster for this and remembered it exists, lol

gDtn4aE.jpg

As someone who has never played Monster Hunter, but who has had a franchise he adores be abused by Paul W. S. Anderson, I wonder if any Monster Hunter fans are excited for this.

So... Are you?

Just saw a poster for this and remembered it exists, lol

gDtn4aE.jpg

As someone who has never played Monster Hunter, but who has had a franchise he adores be abused by Paul W. S. Anderson, I wonder if any Monster Hunter fans are excited for this.

So... Are you?

When you read up on this film you learn that it is being made for the Chinese Market and not the fans of the games.

The games have a ye olde world fantasy setting, the movie has modern day mercenaries being transported through a portal to Monster Hunter Land.

The games have a rich and iconic world with many memorable locations, the movie has one of the monsters in a shopping mall taking down a giant Christmas tree that reminds me of the film 'Evolution'.

Plus W. S. Anderson is directing, plus wooden Milla is leading...

No good will come of this.

Quin

Disaster Master
I'm a pretty big fan of the series, and I'm kinda excited for it, but for the wrong reasons. this movie has zero chance of turning out good, So I'm probably gonna watch it from some low quality stream for some laughs, maybe with some fellow MH fans. Probably have to buy a bottle of scotch to get trough it though

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Everything about the movie looks bloody awful. It has nothing that makes the games good. It looks like someone saw “hunters with big weapons fight monsters” and decided to make a movie about that without looking any deeper. It’s going to suck and as a MonHun fan I am really not looking forward to this movie coming out.

Everything about the movie looks bloody awful. It has nothing that makes the games good. It looks like someone saw “hunters with big weapons fight monsters” and decided to make a movie about that without looking any deeper. It’s going to suck and as a MonHun fan I am really not looking forward to this movie coming out.

You will watch it!
You will love it!

Look at it!

Look at iiiiiiiiit!!

monster-hunter-film-milla-jovovich-tony-jaa-1.jpg

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The games have a rich and iconic world with many memorable locations, the movie has one of the monsters in a shopping mall taking down a giant Christmas tree that reminds me of the film 'Evolution'.
Evolution was great. If you went to the pictures to see MH and they just showed Evolution instead that'd be a good day
So I'm probably gonna watch it from some low quality stream for some laughs, maybe with some fellow MH fans. Probably have to buy a bottle of scotch to get trough it though
Honestly, Anderson's Resident Evil movies were great for doing this. A friend and I went to see the sixth RE movie in the pictures and it is honestly one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life. If he can mess up MH as much as RE you might be in for comedy gold

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
8b2fa93b-e1dd-4ed1-880c-61ddf4b993e4.jpg

Supposed leaked script makes me want to die. This movie is not Monster Hunter. This movie is an abomination. Literally nothing here has anything to do with the source content I hate this so much please make it disappear.

Supposed leaked script makes me want to die. This movie is not Monster Hunter. This movie is an abomination. Literally nothing here has anything to do with the source content I hate this so much please make it disappear.

That's Hollywood, baby!

Also Capcom probably doesn't care. They let the Resi films fly. They may not have had much of a say but they didn't do much to stop them.

Big name, big box office takings.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Man, that is about the dullest treatment you could have given Monster Hunter. I know most of the games in the series aren't story-heavy, but jeez.

Remember playing Monster Hunter and you rode around the desert in your jeep? I know hardcore fans who were excited for this movie, now I'm gonna have to make them watch this. Why? Just Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom