• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Starting this thread off with the digital event. It was a nice first look at the setting and a couple monsters. I love the new map to death, it looks fantastic. Excited for new silkbinds and weapon abilities too, and the new monsters look really neat.

I'm sure there's still plenty of surprises to share before the June 30 release date. Can't wait to see more. I already preprdered the deluxe edition.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

New digital event had some good stuff in it. Not a lot of new info, but what they shared sounds incredibly good.

Malzeno looks like an amazing fight. I like the theming of it all. The follower quests is extremely hype for me, I always love to form parties with NPCs in games and stuff, so getting to do that in MH is a dream come true. That's probably my favorite piece of news from the event. The switch skill swap sounds pretty insane and just made hunting even more versatile. I'm pretty excited for all of it. I am very interested in the rest of the gameplay tweaks they haven't told us about yet too.

More info slated to come in June. Looking forward to it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Switch Axe getting a counter move is pretty exciting. I like what I see here.

Seems like they're trying to up the dps with these. Interesting.

Getting back a sword oil from genu in the form of the silkbind is definitely not what I expected to see but I'm here for it. The other switch skill seems kinda boring to me, though. I thought I saw some valor style tech in the latest trailer, but that wasn't it. Hm...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Man. They're putting counters on everything now, huh? They really seem to be pushing counter spam here rather than evasion tactics.

This one isn't too exciting. They basically gave it one of hunting horn's moves. The alternate charge attack seems like its in the yellow charge style, so what does that mean for the blue charge style?

Somehow they made the glaive look even floatier. They're pushing the kinsect here pretty hard.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Making the counters even more busted than they already are is an odd move. So is giving it a charge attack. Not sure how to feel, but eh charge attack looks cool, I guess.

The new silkbind is pretty cool, nice to have another hard damage art on this weapon. The new switch skill seems like its easy to whiff, but its nice that it comes with stun damage if it lands.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Finally. My main. Getting spiral rend back as a silkbind is super exciting. The side slash combo is cool, too. I thought it was valor sns at first in the digital event trailer. Dual blades is already one of the best weapons at repositioning so its not very necessary, but it still looks fun to use in occasional switch skill swaps.

Getting a quick retreat option is pretty nice for a gunner weapon. And having a switch skill that makes you hit harder as you get closer to the monster is an interesting risk-reward deal.

That was the last of the weapon updates. Interesting stuff so far. Some good, some eh. I'm very much looking forward to trying a lot of the new moves. Some of them are definitely going in my permanent repertoire.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

So here we have two videos, one showing off Lunagaron and switch skill swap gameplay, and the other showing off Seregios and follower gameplay. Pretty neat.

Switch skill swap seems really busted. There doesn't seem to be a cooldown or drawback to swapping, which is pretty odd. I feel like there should be something that prevents you from being able to spam it.

The follower quest was cool but they also didn't really show the follower off too much, we saw him do like three things that were already advertised as things followers can do, but still cool to see it in action, I guess. What really stood out to me about the Seregios video was how fast crouching heals bleeding now. That was insanely fast. At least four times as fast as it used to be. Holy cow. That is ridiculous. Why are they making everything so easy? *shakes fist at cloud*

It was also cool to see what the Citadel mini map looks like. I was already thinking it could be the biggest map in the game now, and I think that could be true. I like it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

New trailer dropped today and it was pretty meaty. New locale confirmed to be the Jungle from Freedom Unite revamped in glorious open world HD. Super nice to see one of my favorite maps return not only in Gen Ultimate but now Sunbreak too. It looks absolutely amazing, I'm so happy about it. It's an interesting maneuver to see Espinas, a Frontier monster, show up in the main series, but I'll take it. Cool to see the crabs return, and Astalos looks better than ever. Rakna subspecies looks blasty. Gore Magala returning was very much requested, so that's cool, too.

Title update roadmap was shown. Starting off with Lucent Nargacuga is a neat pick. Cool to see the Forlorn Arena return, but man, I wish they'd just give us the entire Tower map it was based on. That whole tower in the background was its own map back in FU and I miss it very much.

unknown.png

Cool to see that they wanna continue supporting it even into next year. They better give it as much attention as they gave Iceborne.

Demo confirmed to be releasing tomorrow. I am excited to try out Malzeno and the new swap mechanics. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom