• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Designs in 2D and 3D

For those of us who grew up playing the 8 and 16 bit Zeldas first, how did you feel when you first saw them in 3D? Did they hold up to the designs in your head? Did they exceed expectations? Did they baffle or disappoint you?

And for all of you who started playing 3D Zeldas first, what it was like seeing the 8 and 16 bit designs for the first time? Same questions apply.

Like-Likes-On the one hand, they look cool, on the other, I was a bit disappointed because they don't look like living layer cakes dammit!

Octoroks- Since I also grew up watching the cartoon, I expected to see octoroks as these menacing, octopus creatures that looked a little more like their real life counterparts. They're okay I guess, a little goofy and weird.

Moblins-Fantastic design! Love em! Dunno why they were replaced with Bokoblins.

Gomah-Confused over all. Gomah was a giant, cyclopean crab.

TP incarnation gives me the creeps because it moves and looks like a real tarantula and tarantulas are horrifying to me. OoT incarnation is goofy and blah.

Iron Knuckles look exactly as I expect them to and are less annoying.

I guess Dinolfos are the current incarnation of Lizardmen and Dairas? They're neat to look at and fun to fight.

Helmasaur aren't what u expected, but I'm okay with them.

Zol/Bit/Bot/Chus-They're moving piles of jello. Whatever.

Dodongos-Disappointed. I understand making them faster, but giant rhinoceratops are cooler then giant lizards and geckos. (The tp dodongos are pretty cool looking, but not dodongo-like at all)

Peahats-Faithful to the original and good update over all.

Leevers-I like the 8-bit incarnation best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom