• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monolith Soft's "X"

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
The recent Nintendo Direct has give us a lot to look forward to. A new Yoshi game and Wind Waker HD have been confirmed, as well as assurance that titles such as the new Zelda, 3D Mario, and SSB will be shown at e3. To close the Nintendo Direct, footage of a game simply dubbed "X" was shown.

It seems to me that this new game is getting a LOT of hype. It's pretty much another slap on the face like tWW HD. Didn't see it coming. Actually, because of the reception the trailer alone has been getting, I'm shocked nobody here has created a thread with this topic. SO. What are your thoughts on this new game?

Hmmm, just watched the trailer, looked a bit too monster hunter like until I saw the mech suit, then it seemed really cool. As a person who dislikes Monster Hunter, if this game doesn't play like Monster Hunter then I might really enjoy it.

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
There's actually speculation that it's a XenoBlade sequel, but yes, it does look similar to Monster Hunter. I hope it's an MMO, because if it is, it would be downright amazing. And work wonders for Wii U sales.

There's actually speculation that it's a XenoBlade sequel, but yes, it does look similar to Monster Hunter. I hope it's an MMO, because if it is, it would be downright amazing. And work wonders for Wii U sales.

I don't have enough confidence in Nintendo's online system for an action MMO to run smoothly. :P

Quite true. I guess your title was just phrased differently.

It's almost certainly a Xenoblade sequel for several reasons.

#1: At this point, it's just known as "X"...as in, Xenoblade.

#2: At about the 21-second mark, you can see the in-game HUD, and it's almost an exact replica of Xenoblade Chronicles. The Art lineup is on the bottom, character stats are on the left, and there's a little health bar above the enemy.

#3: At about the 23-second mark, a character can be seen using an item similar to a Guarder from Xenoblade.

#4: At the end of the trailer, a character bearing strong resemblance to Shulk, the main character from Xenoblade, is shown.

Xenoblade Shulk and Wii U Comparison.jpg

This kind of looks like it'll separate itself from the first Xenoblade quite a bit, but it's almost guaranteed to be a sequel, at least in spirit, to that game.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
#1: At this point, it's just known as "X"...as in, Xenoblade.

Actually, it doesn't necessarily mean Xenoblade, It could very well be a completely different Xeno title, such as Xenogears and Xenosaga.

I highly doubt it's going to be a Xenoblade sequel. Part of the Xeno series, yes, but I don't think it will be a direct sequel. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see what happens to Shulk and "the gang" after the events of Xenoblade, but I just don't believe this game will be linked.

Also, I noticed that nobody on this thread has posted the video yet, so if anyone hasn't seen it:
[video=youtube;1iOcq-cL49c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iOcq-cL49c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
The trailer looks good, but I can't really say what I think of the game because it's not out yet and there aren't any other trailers for it... =/

It looks like it will have an online feature too because during the video i'm pretty sure that I see a chatbox.

67ghost

no you're not
[video=youtube_share;BdQg43n2OaM]http://youtu.be/BdQg43n2OaM?t=34m52s[/video]

34:52

[video=youtube_share;APWTJMyM4qg]http://youtu.be/APWTJMyM4qg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;_XuBL2K-GZg]http://youtu.be/_XuBL2K-GZg[/video]

here are the next (late) trailers for X

I'm hyped now

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm quite honestly super psyched for this game. Might even be enough enthusiasm for me to buy a Wii U (or get one for Christmas, depending on the release date)... Most of all I'm eagerly awaiting the humanoid robot and how it will function; and of course the soundtrack composed by Hiroyuki Sawano is high up on the list. Just looks like a solid game so far.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The only game announced for Wii U I'm actually mildly excited for. :P It looks pretty cool, and I thought Xenoblade was good so the developers have proven themselves to me they're capable! I hope that we're not let down, I like the concept and love exploration in games, huge open-worlds to explore and discover stuff in, so definitely a game I looking forward to. Newest trailers still portray a solid-looking game!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
i took a risk in getting Xenoblade, but its one I'm glad I took. X looks like a great follow-up/sequel. I hope they will soon reveal new footage to tell us more about it.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
One of the main reasons i got a Wii U in the first place. That and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Totally loved Xenoblade dispite the graphics. Played the heck out of it, like 800 hours in total. And this coming from a person who is quite picky when its about JRPG's. Gameplay kinda reminded me of Chrono Trigger. Perfect balance of Turn based and Real time mechanics. So much replay value, exploration, sidequest ect...

So yes im totally hyped about this game. Luckly they didn't change the battle mechanics that much. Why fix something which isnt broken?

Oh for the record. For the people who compare this with monster hunter. It may look the similair just because you see a tiny human fighting a huge animal or something. But gameplay is way different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom