• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM Sequel?

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Looking over the 2chan leaks, it seems to be hinting at a Majora's Mask sequel. It would feature the Hero of Time and include time travel. Naturally, Link still has the Ocarina of Time, so that covers that. Majora's Mask didn't feature the Master Sword, so if this doesn't either, it makes sense (the Master Sword could go this way or the way of the other rumors, actually; the Master Sword is accessible, but whether or not Link will need it is uncertain). Epona and Gorons both existed in Termina, so no contradictions there. The game will take place in more than just Hyrule, and maybe not Hyrule at all. Again, Termina is an obvious possibility.

However, I think the most compelling evidence is that Link lives with an inkeeper, and he/she has a son who looks up to Link. My theory? The inkeeper is Anju, and the boy is her and Kafei's son. After all, Link saved her marriage in the past, so it's only natural she would be grateful to him and let him stay with them.

So, what do you all think? Is this possible?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The other rumor about the MS would still fit. I believe it said that the MS played an imporant role in the origin of the legend, which it did. I don't remember it saying whether it was actually in the game or not. However, that rumor was proved wrong so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, IGN made up the 'more than just Hyrule' bit. The original source said it wasn't in Hyrule at all. Still fits with the MM sequel.

Is Anju Link's age? I never played MM, but I highly doubt that's true if Link saved her marriage, and he himself is only around ten. The source said they were about the same age.

Yes, if the leak is true, it's almost definately a MM sequel, unless they somehow manage to pull off a AT OoT sequel.

K

Korok

I would love a Majora's Mask sequel. I think it would be great if the game took place in a later version of Hyrule AND Termina! And you could switch between them whenever you want.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Link seemed to have left Termina at the end of MM without any regrets or plans of return, so I'm not sure if he'd ever go back, or even if he could. I mean, it always seemed to me that it was either Majora or the Happy Mask Salesman that opened the portal to Termina for Link.

On the other hand, it would make a lot of sense if Link stumbled upon another portal to Termina several years after MM and decided to go visit for nostalgia purposes and wound up in a future Termina. Or maybe the portal itself bends time and can send Link into various time eras in different dimensions, leading to an adventure that crosses both time (like in OoT) and space/dimensions (like MM and various other past games).

Not sure how an innkeeper's son would fit into all this; I'm kinda just voicing a personal hope for a MM sequel.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Or maybe the portal itself bends time and can send Link into various time eras in different dimensions, leading to an adventure that crosses both time (like in OoT) and space/dimensions (like MM and various other past games).
This is exactly what I would like to see happen. It would easily explain how the Legend of the Fairy became known on the AT, plus it would be a very fun game mechanic and make for a very insteresting story.

I never saw it say that Link lived with an innkeeper, just that there is an innkeeper in the town he lives in with a son that looks up to Link, and yes, I do believe this may be a sequel to Majora's Mask, and that the son is of Anju and Kafei, but I don't believe Link lives with the, rather just in the same town.

I hope that this is not a sequel to Majora's Mask or to Ocarina of Time.
I think that OOT has gotten enough sequels, with MM and TP on the child timeline, and WW, PH, and ST on the adult timeline.
And I really hope that it's not a sequel to MM. I think that a lot of the things that people like about MM is that sense of mystery that you get from playing the game, and I think that it works well in MM, but it would not work well in another Zelda game unless we learned more about Termina and it's mysteries, which would take away a lot of the fun.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I hope Majora's Mask doesn't get a sequal. Why? It would be cool to have OoT, MM and a third game make it a trilogy, sure. But think about it, what would be after MM? MM ends with Link going through the Lost Woods back to Hyrule. MM just had too many of its own special qualities for a sequal to be compatible with it.

It'll be cool if Link has to go to Termina though, or if it's referenced. I think OoT and MM should stay together, no sequals will be needed.

CZG

Where are those rumours everybody is talking about?

Anyway, without having read everything I should:
A sequel to OoT and MM? I doubt it, due to the graphic era. Videogames have advaced since then, I think they would be aiming for something new. I think they should be anyway.
Not in Hyrule? Termina might be an option, but there were also Koholint Island, Holodrum, Labrynna....
They might as well even create something completely new.
The Master Sword? Could be something, but it OoT wasn't the only game including it. Like in ALttP, it was in a different place than the Temple of Time...

Of course, they can do what they want. It not very difficult for Nontendo to give an unexpected twist to everything, asthey can do even the most unlikely stuff and figure out a story that matches it. We've seen quite some strange twists in the series over time, haven't we?

It sounds like another good excuse to re-use some older stuff from previous games.
I hope they put some LA music in it too! Problably not, but, hey, I liked it!

I think that Link living with Anju and kafei makes sense, but I think Nintendo is doing something realoly new and is not interested now in any sequels.
But if it is right,I would be sad. I mean, I think Majora's Mask is a really good game, but I want something new, not just a sequel, and I think Zelda is not the kind of series that have games and more games with the same story. Zelda has always been about different games with different stories and timelines (or most of them).

S

Seanileus

Course it won't!
Haven't you heard?

After Twilight Princess, Nintendo started hating themselves.
They don't like good games anymore.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I can't see a way in which a sequel to MM would be possible, however you could have a game set long after TP but have that Link find a portal into Termina aswell.
It would be awesome and bring back alot of memories though if the new game did make references to OoT and MM, or even had a chance travel through those lands, like a game that involoves the entire Zelda Universe.
Wouldn't work though...

D

DekuLink

I am really hoping it's a sequel to MM. I think that following the HoT off from MM definitely opens some doors in terms of story. Plus you'd definitely feel like you're a hero and you've been places. I've already been thinking of ideas of what the story could be about.

I'm really excited.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
A sequel to MM would be a dream come true. We don't need tyhe same threat, but perhaps have a dirfferent part of Termina. Perhaps we could use the whole Alttp function where you would travel to both worlds at the same time. Ooh the possibilities are everywhere. I would still like the retaining of danger though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom