• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM Question 2

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Hi! I wonder how you are supposed to know that you can (and have to) use Epona to proceed in the game? (This if you do not make the connection that you can blow away the big boulder blocking the way to the ranch)

Last edited:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
well, if you stand in front of the fence thats leading to great bay, tatl will say something like this: "i can smell the ocean, but this fence is 2 high, if only we had a horse...oops sorry"
that when i knew i had 2 get epona first to cross the fence.

actually, there is a way to cross those fences without epona, but 's that kinda like cheating. but still you need epona to obtain garo 's mask.

linkman8

True and Noble
actually, there is a way to cross those fences without epona, but 's that kinda like cheating.
Yeah, if you try modding, or use the Crooked Cartridge glitch, but neither are very wise to try to use, and they are cheating.
It's pretty much inevitable that you need to get your horse in order to proceed to the third dungeon.

Leix

Error
Well tatl directs you straight to the Gorons, but I finished the Gerudo Fortress before I even made it to the boss of the Snowhead Temple.
It's sorta obvious that you need Epona to cross those fences, assuming you remember that Epona can jump over stuff in OoT.
It's all about the powder kegs. Once the play gets the fire arrow from snowhead, they can proceed to opening up the pk store. Then you just gotta walk like heck to make it all the way up to the big boulder and shabam! Your key to opening up the path to the ranch.

Yes, isn't Zelda all about figuring things out like this? I mean, you have hints a tips to direct you, but isn't that one of the key points of Zelda, the puzzles? I'm sure there are plenty of puzzles such as this one, that have subtle hints to direct you. Also, with this one, did anyone have any trouble figuring it out? My friend was at Snowhead temple, but was bored with it because he couldn't get any further, so he was messing around and walked near the fence, triggering Tatl to tell him he needed a horse to get on the other side of it.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yeah, if you try modding, or use the Crooked Cartridge glitch, but neither are very wise to try to use, and they are cheating.
It's pretty much inevitable that you need to get your horse in order to proceed to the third dungeon.

no there is a very simple way without glitching or gameshark or AR or whatever....

its like this:
1.stand in front of the fence
2.place a bomb behind you
3.quickly put on the goron mask
4.pay attention to the bomb
5.before the bomb explodes, curl up and pound, let go of the A button in the air
6.if you got the timing right you will be blasted over the fence
Note: you may require some practice to get the timing right

if you can master this, you can easly proceed the 3th dungeon without a horse.
but even if you can master this without a horse, you will still need it to obtain the garo mask to proceed the 4th dungeon. and no horse means no garo mask.

Leix

Error
All that timing sounds entirely pointless, just get the Goron mask and then your fire arrows, do the d*m* Powder Keg challenge, grab a powder keg and blow open milk road. Shoot a few aliens and voila, you have an instant horse anytime, anywhere.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Leix, i 'm just stating that it isn 't impossible to go over fences without a horse.
sooner or later you need the horse to progress further in the game.

so yeah, the normal way how you supposed to play it is the best way.

this trick is only handy if you want to obtain the zora mask,hookshot and empty bottle plus some hearth pieces before you start the 2nd dungeon.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
All that timing sounds entirely pointless, just get the Goron mask and then your fire arrows, do the d*m* Powder Keg challenge, grab a powder keg and blow open milk road. Shoot a few aliens and voila, you have an instant horse anytime, anywhere.
Actually, you don't have to kill the aliens to get Epona. I never could do that quest, and I still managed to get away with a horse. I think that all you have to do is try.

Actually, you don't have to kill the aliens to get Epona. I never could do that quest, and I still managed to get away with a horse. I think that all you have to do is try.

Actually, all you have to do is shoot the balloons down for Romani while riding Epona to get your horse. I remember just riding off after that, because I didn't really feel like doing another sidequest at that point.

Leix

Error
Ok, here's your confusion Y2K3. You can indeed get your horse, yes, it's true. I think. But you don't learn EPONAS SONG until you do the aliens. She rewards you with the song. That's what I meant, is that you get your horse, as in you can now ride her the rest of the game without blowing down a rock everytime you want a horse.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Ok, here's your confusion Y2K3. You can indeed get your horse, yes, it's true. I think. But you don't learn EPONAS SONG until you do the aliens. She rewards you with the song. That's what I meant, is that you get your horse, as in you can now ride her the rest of the game without blowing down a rock everytime you want a horse.

After the baloons you learn the song. I think! Don´t have to beat the "scary" aliens ;)

linkman8

True and Noble
Actually I believe you do have to defeat the aliens, because you technically can't call Epona until after you do fend them off. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I honestly can't remember completely.

Actually I believe you do have to defeat the aliens, because you technically can't call Epona until after you do fend them off. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I honestly can't remember completely.

No, El bagu is right, you learn the Song after you destroy the balloons, at which point you can just ride off. I just checked. If you defeat the Aliens, you get a bottle full of milk, and can continue the sub-quest to get the Romani mask, which allows you to access the Milk Bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom