• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"MM is Superior to OoT"

MM changed so much from its previous game which made it a lot more interesting and it could then be different ever time you play it. OoT however is always the same thing, which can get boring after a while.

MM changed so much from its previous game which made it a lot more interesting and it could then be different ever time you play it. OoT however is always the same thing, which can get boring after a while.

That's a really good point. You can do it anyway you see fit (within reason). And how often do you restart the cycle only to pause the game and think "OK, so where can I go to next?", as opposed to "Where do I have to go next?"

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Both are awesome games and in my top 3. MM beats out OoT because of the side quests, emotional storyline, and the 3 day clock. It perfected OoT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
All I got from that article was that MM is better because it did something different than OoT did, and that's a load of ********. Doing something different is not what makes a game superior. It's about the quality of what's done. OoT and MM are both great games, but MM just didn't match OoT's overall quality. It came pretty damn close, but close doesn't cut it in gaming.

Just as a side-point, this article mentions MM has lots of character development. Not true. Tatl is the only character that truly develops in MM. Sure, the characters are heavily involved with the game, but they don't change at all. They just have their own little problems. MM has character interaction, but not character development.

Last edited:

MW7

Well it didn't change my opinion at all. The article was incredibly one-sided and didn't admit to Ocarina of Time doing anything better than Majora's Mask. They just listed six things and said that Majora's Mask did these specific things better when there's a lot more to it than that.

This stuff is true, however, there would have never been a Majora's Mask without Ocarina of Time. I still think OoT is better because of that reason and that it was truly one of the most revolutionary games we will ever see.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This stuff is true, however, there would have never been a Majora's Mask without Ocarina of Time. I still think OoT is better because of that reason and that it was truly one of the most revolutionary games we will ever see.

By that logic, you should be saying that the first game in the series is the best. Without it, no other Zelda titles would exist.

I absolutely agree! Majora's Mask is much more fun than OOT, and it's more difficult also. The only down side is that it's a fairly short game. All the side quests were extremely fun though! :)

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
OoT > MM

I enjoyed the plot and style of Ocarina of Time more than Majora's mask, but the gameplay was superior for MM. The reason that I do not like MM as much is because I hated all the little time oriented side-quests. It was just to hard and I was practically glued to the walkthrough to get 100%

I actually agree with juicejs post, simply being differant shouldnt make it the better title. Also i dont believe majora was a better villain then ganon, they were both pretty bad bad guys, but i think ganon was just more intimidating.

I'm not really sure what to think. I've always been a fan of OOT and this article doesn't make me think any less of it, because I don't think they are really valid points they make.. It did however made me think how I feel about both games.

I always felt MM had a more intimate and almost claustrofobic feeling to it (and that's not specifically a bad thing), unlike OOT, which overworld was- at least at the time- enormous. I felt more the need to explore the land. That being said, MM's sidequests were far more intresting and emotional (Kafei always comes immediately to my mind when I think of any sidequests in Zelda). OOT felt big and epic with an awesome villian which fitted the story well, MM was on a much smaller scale and was therefore more emotional imo.

Last edited:

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I can kind of see majora's mask as a movie, but not really oot. I can see link's expression when he has three days to do it all. (And he can't make time go back.) Also on topic, MM and OOT are both high on the list of my faves, but they can't compare to..............Rick-Roll!!!! JK! I love both and can't choose.

JuiceJ: Don't you mean, without Nintendo, that Zelda game wouldn't exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom