• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"MM is Superior to OoT"

This is going to start a super debate. Fan mail and hate mail and it was only created for you to reply on the chat saying you already had milk lmao

M

Majora's Masks

I've always felt Majora's Mask was far better than Ocarina of Time for pretty all of those exact reasons.
Same, also i get bored of Oot after abit but never get bored of MM :D Love that game.

While I can agree with the most of that and I love MM, and I still gotta say OoT because it was the original game that MM is based off of and the OoT adventure is just slightly more epic. I think it is close, and MM is so quirky and darker, and but OoT slightly nudges it out.

Tictalk

Anouki
Personally, even though I like MM more than OoT, I always just thought that OoT was a more perfected game. Don't get me wrong they're both some of the best games of all time but OoT gripped the player and gave them more freedom in my opinion. :)

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I once heard someone say that if OoT and MM were movies, OoT would be a summer blockbuster, while MM would be one of those small films you may not have heard of until the Oscars came around. Both are great, but they accomplish different things.

OoT had a more classic, grand, and epic feel to it, while MM was more emotional, intellectual, and artistic. Honestly, I think both compliment each other beautifully. OoT clearly set-up MM, and MM did what OoT didn't or simply couldn't.

I just can't compare the two and say one is better than the other- I have mad respect for both.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game but I disagree with the artical's contention that Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time in every way, and I can also see why Zelda fans would not like the game. One argument made by the artical is that the improved time mechanics make the game better. I would say that makes the game more impressive if you fully understand it, but not necessarily better. In Majora's Mask need to figure out what to do and what time to do it, as many events are time sensitive. In Ocarina of Time you only need to worry about night/day and past/future. For a less skilled player figuring out how the game works makes it much harder than Ocarina of Time.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've always loved Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time wasn't ever one of my favourites. The reasons listed in that post were good, but some people still think that Ocarina of Time is a great game, better the Majora's Mask. This is their opinion and no reasoning can change it...

Personally MM is better than OOT because of how much better the temples were and the masks were just an amazing feature. I loved turning into a Zora and actually being able to swim! Ocarina of time was a great game too but some parts were a little boring.

Having read the article, the point I agree most with are:

a) Sidequests and Character Development
b) Emotion
c) A new, more evil villain

Overall, however, OoT and MM are two stellar masterpieces which cement my opinion that the N64 had the best Zelda games of any system. OoT successfully shifted the franchise to the 3D plane and invented Z-Target lock-on whereas MM expanded on its predecessors idea and created a more cohesive, believable world which the player actually cared for making it the deepest Zelda game in my opinion.

Both games are simply amazing, i like how majoras mask threw a wrench into the formula that ocarina of time provided, and i like the epic adventure OoT turned out to be in its jump to the 3rd dimension. Hmmm do i really have to compare? :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom