• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM and the Rumble Feature

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
This might be more invloved than I anticpite but: is the rumble feature helpful, perhaps even necessary, in playing/completing Majora's Mask? I want to but MM on the VC (even though I have the delicious Gold Cartridge for N64), and I don't think the rumble feature can be used then, no?

Wow, I never actually thought about that. No I don't even think there is a rumble feature in MM but I haven't played it with a rumble pak for a long time so I can't really help, but I'm going to check online for you 1 sec. Ok, so there is rumble but it is hardly ever used. So I wouldn't worry about it :D

Also the VC version for the wii has no rumble feature.

I never played it with the Rumble Pack, and I got through it fine. I don't think it would make much difference. It's just a preference.

Why are you thinking it might be necessary? Because of the Stone of Agony from Ocarina of Time? There's nothing like that in Majora's Mask. ;)

Virtual Console version should be fine. In fact I've heard it works great.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I never remember using the Rumble Feature in MM.If you do you don't really need it I went through the game fine.I have the VC and its great.

Zarom

The King
I never played it with the Rumble Pack, and I got through it fine. I don't think it would make much difference. It's just a preference.

Why are you thinking it might be necessary? Because of the Stone of Agony from Ocarina of Time? There's nothing like that in Majora's Mask. ;)

Virtual Console version should be fine. In fact I've heard it works great.

Well, in MM, you already have the Stone of Agony on you. In OOT, when you get it, you can discover hidden holes in the ground or others secrets like that, when using a Rumble Pack. So, if you have the Rumble Pack when playing MM, you'll be able to discover secret places like this too.

But, to answer your question, you don't need the Rumble Feature to beat the game. I've played OOT and MM in both ways, with a Rumble and no, and it didn't change or affected anything to the gameplay, except that you can find hidden things that will lead you to some rupees or a piece of heart. But again, you can always find those without the Rumble Feature. It just makes it easier. :)

Kazumi

chagy
I have both the N64 and VC versions of Majora's Mask, and I have never used the Rumble Feature (Never had a Rumble Pack), and I've got through the game and completed it 100% multiple times. So it is definitely not necessary. I don't even know if it really makes the game any better or easier at all.

And for your question about the Rumble Feature on the VC version, I believe that if you use the Classic Controller (Like I do) then you can not use the Rumble Feature. But if you use a Gamecube Controller, then you can. And remember, I believe that it is like this. I'd just check somewhere else and make sure though if you really want to use that feature.

And I would highly suggest the VC version. At least, the North American one. It runs just like the N64 version, with no problems like the Collectors Edition had.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Oh thanks everyone! Hm, what kind of problems are we talkin bout, Kazumi? I have the collector's edition (which you just reminded me I had so thank you :D)

Stone of Agony is built into the game, but I -think- (not positive, I'm working on a complete run without a rumble pak right now and have almost all the heart pieces), repeat, think, that there aren't any heart pieces in such hidden holes, besides ones otherwise indicated, such as the butterflies hovering over the one in the grass (with the peahat in it).

I'm not really positive though; The only hidden hole (i.e. the kind that needs to be bombed or Song of Stormed open) I am aware of right now is the one under the log tunnel thing south of Clock Town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom