• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS MM 3D Release Hinted or Coincidence?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Now that this game is officialy confirmed, i look back at some things. Nintendo said that this game development started in 2011, and basicly decided to be quiet and be trolls about it for 3 years when fans asked for the remake after OOT 3D.

But here is the thing, i feel this game has been hinted multiple times. I mean it was hinted once by Aonuma during an interview.
Other things i noticed:
- Hinted in ALBW with the MM mask
- WW HD shows multiple MM masks
- Smash Bros Link gets a Fierce Deity Skin
- Out of all the zelda titles, HW does a MM pack

Did i miss anything? Share your thoughts.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't think Nintendo was necessarily being trolls of hiding the development of Majora's Mask 3D. Nintendo in general likes to hide any game they are working on in development in order to surprise people when they least expect it. The same could be said for MM3D and on an interesting point, perhaps Aonuma wanted to see if fans would support a remake of Majora's Mask without the fear of the game not selling. Once we saw that a lot of fans wanted to see the light of MM3D, that's when Nintendo decided to reveal it on their past Nintendo Direct. On a marketing viewpoint, this makes sense except the only difference was that the fans did the marketing for Nintendo if that makes sense.

As for the hints of Majora's Mask 3D even being slightly hinted, here are a few I know of:

• Zelda Williams bringing a replica of Majora's Mask at the E3 Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament.
  • Ravio's diary entries with the headings "3 Days to Go" to start his diary.
  • The 72th Maiamai is left behind when the Mother Maiamai leaves when all 100 maiamais are returned to her, a reference to the 72 hour time system found in Majora's Mask.
  • Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS.
  • Toon Link has a custom move for his neutral special, Hero's Bow, which shoots fire arrows reminiscent to Young Link's neutral special back in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
  • In Hyrule Warriors, The Moon from Majora's Mask can be seen when using the special combo of Link's Great Fairy weapon, a combo using Midna's Shackle weapon, and during the first fight against Argorok.
  • Fierce Deity Link is the badge icon when making the silver and gold badges to give a warrior an extra special gauge.

D

Deleted member 14134

I don't know what a troll is anymore. A company not announcing a game the second it's in development isn't trolling. Either way, you'd still have to wait all this time whether you knew about it or not.

On the topic of hints, I think every little thing related to majoras mask isn't a tease at the remake. There are several other references to other games within smash bros and hyrule warriors. The mask itself is an icon to the series, I don't think it's a big deal when it pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom